• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gophers vs Texas Tech

SkunkedAgain

I don't expect them to get beat by the Texas A&M Aggies anytime soon. laugh

Only because they will never go to a top tier bowl game or schedule a good team to play for a non conference game in order to play a team like A&M.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

And I do know the Aggies are better than the Crimson Tide.

Bama is lucky they don't have a true playoff or Texas A&M would hand them another loss. smile

"At best" the tide is the third best team behind Ohio State and Texas A&M.

At least the Tide can prove they better than Notre Dame if the beat the Irish. laugh

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I said "at best"...frankly we will never know for sure if they are better than the gophers with no clear playoff system laugh

I said "at best"...frankly we will never know for sure if they are better than the gophers with no clear playoff system laugh

In order to find that out we would have to have at least a 64 team tournament and then I'm not so sure the Gophers would have made it.

I don't understand why a Gopher fan would ever be a proponent of changing the current BCS system in favor of a playoff system. Have you really thought this through? If that happens I would guess that all of those low tier bowl games that the Gophers make it to would cease to exist. Who wants to watch the meineke car car bowl if there are playoff games to watch. The way it stands now there are about 35 bowl games so that means that 70 teams get to participate in a bowl game and benefit from the money and exposure that goes along with that. In a playoff scenario I doubt that it will ever be more than 16 teams participating and let's face it, when was the last time you Gophers were ranked in the top 16 to end a season?

I guess if that happens it will be a win win for me because I will get to watch 3 or 4 extra Alabama games per year and 1 less gopher game every 2 or 3 years.

At least it would be right, and crown a true champion. The beef o bradys / east st. louis truck stop bowl can really give you that.

A true champoon will be crowed Monday night. #1 is playing #2, how can it get any better?

We will find out in January 2015.

That will only be adding 2 teams to the 2 team playoff that exists already. I'm not too sure that is the "true" championship that Rick is looking for. I am also pretty sure that the Gophers will not qualify.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict the playoff format will only last 2 or 3 seasons. I still believe if they just tweak the BCS format a little bit, it will work out the best.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of tweaks are you suggesting?

Tweaks as in, a conference champion has to be ranked at least in the top 15 to qualify for BCS game. In the case with this year's sugar bowl, that "tweak" isn't looking too good though. There should be an exception to the 2 teams from the same conference rule. And that exception would be if another conference didn't have a team ranked high enough, or if 2 teams from the same conference are playing each other in the national title game.

So this year for example...northern illinois would have been replaced in the orange bowl, louisville would have been replaced in the sugar bowl, and wisconsin would have been replaced in the rose bowl. Teams that would have been considered would be LSU, texas A&M, south carolina, clemson, and oklahoma.

And, I always cheer for a non BCS team to make it to a BCS game, but in all honesty, northern illinois didn't deserve to play in the orange bowl! So non BCS teams really need to have seasons like the Boise State's, TCU's, and "pre pac 12" Utah's did when they made it to the big games.