• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What is the best snowmobile to use

Giant Midget

I have been wondering what is the best snowmobile to use. I have been looking at the Polaris 600 Rush.

For??? Ice Fishing? Trail riding? Ditch banging? Mountain high marking? Lake running????? confused

Oh and Welcome to the forum! wink

I can't speak for GM, but I've been toying around with the idea of picking up a sled myself. I've never owned one, but if I did get one I'd primarily be using it for ice fishing. I'm not a speed freak, and was thinking of getting something in the "touring" class. In your estimation would this be the way to go? Also I would like opinions on liquid vs fan cooled for ice fishing. I thought I saw somewhere that running a fan-cooled on bare ice is better. Thanks in advance!

For ice fishing staying in the mid class, long track 2 up 440-600 fan cooled if your pulling a porty works well with less to break down out in the middle of no where. If it's 2 up you can aways bring a buddy or wife along also. wink

I can't speak for GM, but I've been toying around with the idea of picking up a sled myself. I've never owned one, but if I did get one I'd primarily be using it for ice fishing. I'm not a speed freak, and was thinking of getting something in the "touring" class. In your estimation would this be the way to go? Also I would like opinions on liquid vs fan cooled for ice fishing. I thought I saw somewhere that running a fan-cooled on bare ice is better. Thanks in advance!

well everyone im sure has their favorites, im not a polaris fan however for pulling an ice house etc i would lean towards a late 80s early 90's polaris trail indy? those were fans i believe. decent sled and should be able to find one reasonable. if you wanted to go old school gotta love the late 60s early 70s ski doos.

You have to be more specific if you want any reasonable answer to your question.

For those looking for a cheaper ice fishing sled etc. you may want to look at something in the late 90s and up as they started putting in higher and much better suspension and for the most part were made better and more reliable.