• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Computer fan in the ice house-

2thepointsetters

Ok cool, I can get computer fans for a good price in Thief river falls, from digikey, wat are the deminsions od hte the ones u guys r using is bigger better?

if you have an I.T. guy at your work or have a friend who is a computer person, ask them if they have any computer fans from a dead Computer. Most of the time they will have a dead carcass or two laying around and wont mind donating once you tell them what it is for. I've never paid a penny for a computer fan before.

Hey Boar, I talked with Jason at Digi-key last week and ordered 2 of their Q639ND fans, they are $7.38 ea. plus frt.total was $15.57 for the pair, They are quiet and seem to move enough air to do the job, I'll see when she starts blowin at 35 and it's -40 on The Woods.So far I only have 1 in the middle of a 16' wheel house, might need 2 , don't know yet.

sorry fire cat i meant hat the computer has that to convert from 12 to 120. my bad to dumb. Lol. Yea hage. how big r those? I just talked to a freind there an she can get me the largest fan they carry for like 17 bucks a piece. they are 127mmx127mm which is about a 5 inch fan an it move about 180 cubic ft of air per minuet. I thik these might be the ticket. I dont, maybe moving to much air an cooling it instead of displacing it? I look up tha part number an see what I think. thank

We use a few of these but ours are 24VDC. We have a schmit load of them around work. They work fine at half the voltage and are much quieter they just use half the current, RPM and move half the air. Nobody wants to listen to the Vexi grind away and a couple loud fans too! I wouldn't be able to sleep on the top bunk without these. It also helps keep the holes from shrinking too fast. Now I'm going to retro some white LEDS onto the ones above the holes.

Ferny

2tP. Thats a nice set-up, I like the mirror idea. Boar, The ones I have are 5", 71 cfm, 1.8watt. the more air they move the more noise they make. I haven't tried these out yet so I don't know if more will be needed but in tests they do draw from the ceiling and push to the floor. I installed a toggle switch in the middle light fixture and mounted the fan next to the light, looks good and was simple to do. Sea Ya

2tP. Thats a nice set-up, I like the mirror idea. Boar, The ones I have are 5", 71 cfm, 1.8watt. the more air they move the more noise they make.

You're generalizing a lot on the "more air they move the more noise they make" comment. The larger diameter fans can and often do move more air with fewer RPMs than the lower diameter will, and in many cases they do so quieter.

Sorry rud, I thought we were talking 5" puter fans. Your rite, a 16 inch ceiling fan would be quiet

Yeah, I was talking computer-fans. They make 200mm (8 inch) fans that are quieter and move more air with fewer RPMs than your average 140mm or 120mm (5 inch) or 80mm or 70mm fan.