• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Computer fan in the ice house-

2thepointsetters

Google "computer fan grill" and then click "shopping". I did exaggerate a bit, they're about 3.50 after shipping. Stupid shipping.

I bet microcenter has some locally. Might save you shipping cost. but driving there will cost you some gas.

Be sure you get ones that match your fans. Computer fans come in 40mm, 80mm, 92mm, 120mm, 140mm, 200mm, and some other less common sizes.

axman surplus in St. Paul, not to sound like a know it all (more like a don't know siht) but put the fan on the ceiling pointing down on an angle where the heat collects, preferably near the door to equalize the temps when the door is opened, no guard needed.

I have a fan up there also, but the video never made it that far.

I think my fans are .65 amps it should say on each fan and off the top of my head I'd guess I could run 3 or 4 fans for a week at least on a car or deep cycle battery.

Thats the great thing about these fans they take basicly no juice to run and they move a ton of air....

Your car battery would last a very long time. I have hear of o lot people using them an want to know if they are the way to go. My celielng is 6.5 an cant see how these things can push air down to the floor. Whos got experience with these in perm. houses.

Your car battery would last a very long time. I have hear of o lot people using them an want to know if they are the way to go. My celielng is 6.5 an cant see how these things can push air down to the floor. Whos got experience with these in perm. houses.
I have two in my 6 1/2'X12' wheel house wall mounted about 6" from the deiling and they do the job. One of the best things about them is they don't create a cool breeze when they're running. To find out how well they work I turned my heater on and the heat stayed by the ceiling. I turned the fans on and they moved the heat very well.

I mounted two of them in my permanant house and they work great. I actually mounted them to a chunk of 1 inch x 7 inch dowel material. I used one of those broom holder brackets to hold the dowel. The nice thing about having it mounted that way is you can spin it in the holder and get different flow options.

CA

Have you have them all connected on one circuit or each individual. Im thinking on wiring six to one batterier, being I have a diagram on how to do it. just waiting for a price from a guy that supplies them