• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice on Devils Lake?

i work up there went to six mile bay at the boat launch seen a four wheeler out there popped a hole had 5 inches this was on wedsnesday afternoon. Sure there is a lot more by now I live in minnesota and I work up there 2 weeks at a time but ill be bringing my ice fishing gear with this time and hope to make it out a couple times. There were also couple people fishing off 2 by six mile the last couple nights.

Fished 6 mile bay south of the hwy19 bridge Ice wasnt great. Some nice hard blue ice but alot of white and broken refroze ice. Waterfowl have open spots on the edges and in the middle. Ice out to 50 yards wat 5 to 7 inches then it went to 4. been raining all morning today and didnt freeze last night. The fish were biteing 12 to 14 feet of water. Only caught eyes. If we get some more cold weather it should be good. I did see alot of people on the east side of 6 mile bay but i dont know what the ice was like. be careful and bring ice cleats.

I know the whitebass aren't really a targeted fish. They are more of a junk fish to most. I do prefer eating walleyes and perch over any other fish in DL waters. But, I'd like to get some big white bass for the smoker. Pretty good stuff, I tell ya.

Just wondering how and if you guys do ever target the whitebass during hard water.

Thanks.

About 10 inches where we've been. We've done Ok on the fishing but some dudes absolutely slayed the hog perch and white bass today. Friggen monsters they caught, and lots of'em.

That's what I'm talking about. I'm gonna have to set a date to make the trip!

Just returned from devils and had good trip like always. People were starting to venture out on creel bay by town with vehicles. Where we fished ice was 8-12 inches. Alot of atv travel going on. By this next weekend atv should be safe on most every where. We did notice that the little snow that there is on the lake the ice was thinner so something to watch for. Caught one nice eye, pile of 12-14 in eyes, and the perch seem to be evey where we tried for eyes we caught perch. Cant wait for march trip its gonna be a good year to fish devils.

Where can I get a good contour map of DL? Do they sell those high quality ones for DL that you can buy off the rack at the big box stores? Can't remember who makes em, but they usually have some hotspots highlighted on em with 1-3' contours. Never fished it so I really need a map to try & at least get started on.

I'll be mainly going after eyes & slimers, which I can figure out pretty much on my own (I think), but I'd love to get into some fast & furious white bass. Never fished em though. What kinda structure am I looking for? Depths? Lures & presentations? Etc. Thanks for any and all tips!

Where can I get a good contour map of DL? Do they sell those high quality ones for DL that you can buy off the rack at the big box stores? Can't remember who makes em, but they usually have some hotspots highlighted on em with 1-3' contours. Never fished it so I really need a map to try & at least get started on.

I'll be mainly going after eyes & slimers, which I can figure out pretty much on my own (I think), but I'd love to get into some fast & furious white bass. Never fished em though. What kinda structure am I looking for? Depths? Lures & presentations? Etc. Thanks for any and all tips!

Let us know what you find. I'm interested to know as well.

I fish DL a few times a year during the summer, but never have in the winter. I would love to make it out there atleast a few times,,,just gotta convince the lady. cool

they used to sell the maps you are talking about around devils lake but i havent seen them in a few years. I think petes bait in devils lake has crude maps I picked up a map from lake master off there web site. It has all the hot spots there chips have on them.

On devils lake alot of the structcure is the old shoreline that is under water