• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Early season 2013 archery trip

Z7EXTERME

I plan on hunting ND one of these years, they open up well before MN and you have a great shot at a velvet buck. I think they sell over the counter archery tags too. Far too busy now with 3 kids under 5 but I will certainly get out there at some point down the road.

Z7, I've been talking about going to sheyenne since'08. Finally doing it in 2013. From what I've been told by members on this forum that it is a good hunt and there are spots for treestands. This was before blue tongue and a couple hard winters though. I'm gonna scout it this spring and I should have more info then.

Just my opinion here- do something different! If you're a whitetail hunter and that's all or most of what you've done in your archery career, get out of your comfort zone and hunt something different. There are a ton of great options that can be done for not a ton of money. I strongly encourage people to give antelope, mule deer, elk, moose, wolf, bear, or something new a try. I LOVE whitetail hunting and enjoy every minute I get to do it, but I spend most of my off season thinking about my "new" hunts. For me, that's mostly Western hunts for muleys or elk, but I'm going to do an antelope hunt in the next few years and I'll hopefully chase a bear next year too.

Try something new and different- it makes for a great adventure and a ton of fun!

Put in for MN moose!!! You might only have another year or two before it is too late and the opportunity could be gone forever. Odds of drawing are not the best, but IMO you WILL NOT find a better hunt in this state. Although the two hunts I've been involved with the last two years were rifle, we would have had shots at bulls each year under 15 yards. Very doable with archery tackle.