• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2 pellets 200 gr. TC shockwave

I went back to the range today with my smoke pole, durring rifle my gun got wet from the snow fall off the branches ect. so after the snow I broke down the gun since its blued an gave it a thuro cleaning an oiling. then put back together. So I figured i'd better check it out at the range. with the talk of shot placement an bullets, this is wat the load i choose to put thu my ML. goter dial'd in an inch high at a hundy open sites. sticking with this for the season but looking at Hornady for next year or barnes. 100 yard deer no prob.full-2178-26563-111812181401.jpg

the last 3 shots after dancing around the target a little.

Glad I saw this topic!! My wife and I went out two different days to site in our ml's this week and My gun is way off! So heres the story... I had to ship it in to have TC do some work to it. I got it back and when they had test fired the gun they split the stock. Both the butt and the front stock. So I sent it back to them and they replaced it. So the other day we go out and site them in. I am using 100 grains and TC shockwaves 250 grain. At 50 yards my gun is real close to a foot high. I have dropped the site all the way down to where it cant go any lower and its still hitting a foot high. So I thought well maybe i am going the wrong way so I went all the way back around and then it shot way way high. Anybody know what could be the problem. I know at 50 yards I should be around 2.5 inches high so i would be dead on at 100. The second day we went out I must have fired that gun 8 different times and each time I was about a foot high. All of the shots are within 5 inches of each other but a foot high! Any help would be great! Thanks!

Ya gota bury the post in the notch. then adjust from there. See where yur hitting when its in the bottom of the notch. thats why its there. like a kisser button on a bow so you always have the same anchor point. the notch is the same thing alway hold it in the bottom of it an adjust acordingly.

Im shooting lighter bullets than most of these guys, 200 gr. tc shock waves. I found out that 150 grains of powder had on occasion was to much power for the light er bullet causing inacurracy n tumbling. Its a matter of what you want to push outa smoke pole an how it reacts to the charge, theres many out there that use 150 gr of powder with great accuracy with the bullet they choose. Its alot if not all about range time an experimentation on what shoots the best outa ur gun

After shooting 150 grains of triple 7 for years I switched to two. Never had an issue dropping any deer with two pellets. I now shoot two white hot pellets with 250grain barnes bullets, absolutely deadly and accurate with my gun. Make sure if you use 150 grains and a sabot that the sabot will handle that pressure, if not it will shoot all over the place.

I have also read that the white hots shoot a little hotter than triple 7 and are not recommended to use 150 grains. I have done it with no problem but I see no real advantage. Plus it saves a little money.

With the open sights I will not be shooting over 100yds, with most shots from 20-50 yds. A properly hit deer is not going to know the difference between two and three pellets.

Two pellets makes for a more pleasant trip to the range with more shots being taken, which means that I am more comfortable and confident with the gun. To me shot placement is more important than the extra energy.

If I hunted with a scoped Muzzleloader during slug season with some longer distances involved, I might opt for the larger load.