• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The depressing leaving the cabin feeling...

leechlake

I've been lucky enough in my life to always have a family cabin to go to. To go along with that I've also had that melancholy/depressing feeling that comes every trip when you have to pack up and go home. The same thing comes over me on every hunting/fishing trip anywhere.

It seems that there are some stages of trips, preparation (for a "normal" weekend trip there isn't a lot, but theres some packing at a minimum), departure, arrival, and then the actual days of activity which always goes by in a flash, and then the realization that today is the last day and at some point packing up and heading home.

Normally once I hit the realization that it's time to pack up a feeling of melancholy comes over me. At some places I'll look around and wonder if I will every be back (some of those places I've been back 20 times!!!) at our cabin I just look around and think about that when I'm not there will all that I'm looking at still exist (kind of like if a tree falls in the woods with no one around does it make any sound).

It takes me about 60 miles to "snap to" and have that feeling erode. I don't like the feeling but it never doesn't happen. I guess I'll need to take it as a positive, if I was dying to leave then I probably didn't enjoy the time.

Do you all get this too?