• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Time to Grow Up....

Jmnhunter

last weekend on deer opener, I shot my buck sat morning, and I still had until tuesday at the shack to enjoy friends family and our opener tradition. on monday, my cousin and i went for a hike to scout new areas of the state forest, we had our rifles in case we were presented with a shot (we did see 3 deer, we could have shot at one, but let her go). while walking around we came upon 2 gut piles in which we noticed my biggest pet peave as an hunter, fisherman, outdoorsman, conservationist, etc..... litter.

these morons left their rubber gloves, the packages, and plastic bags at the gut pile site, we also came upon 2 other stands with their pop cans and candy wrappers laying on the bottom. we cleaned up the "hunters" mess as it didnt take any room up in our packs. so please, clean up your litter, i dont see how it becomes a burden, who likes seeing plastic, cans, candy wrappers laying around in what we all enjoy most? and if you do see it, please take the 3 seconds to pick it up if you can so we can keep our lands clean

Thanks JMN, it is a good reminder for all of us on how we treat our outdoor environment. I know many of us go out with garbage bags and pick up trash off the lakes in the winter months, so kudo's to you for helping keep our forests clean! I know from trips to Colorado that I have come across trash in the mountains from outfitters and previous hunters from left over campsites and it does leave you a bit put off. So, great reminder cleanup after yourselves and keep our forests and habitat clean!

Tunrevir~

Always have a trash bag in the truck/boat to put "extra" trash in. Got the kids into the habit. With GPS usage increasing hopefully will see all the flagging, trail markers etc that is all over the woods eventually go away. Especially when the stand is only 50 to 100 yards off the road/trail. Now if those tree houses that are all over would not be left to be eyesores as they deteriorate.............

lakevet

Really..we need to remind someone to pick up after themselves?

Really, how old are these hunters (and I use the term loosely)

I found a pile of dump too this weekend, in Cromwell Mn SW of Eagle Lake

Yes I'm calling you out.

The GPS data has been sent to the local CO

I was always taught "Leave it better than you found it". It's a shame that lesson wasn't more widely learned.

What really sucks, is that those of us that are in these forums are probably the responsible ones. The people that NEED to see posts like this, and hear this message probably won't.

Thank you to all who do your part, and try to educate those that don't.

Correct it takes maybe 1 wal-mart bag in your pocket to put paper towels in,cans, etc. plus without a tear they're waterproof, worst part is they had a successful hunt and had the time to take care of their own mess etc.

It'd maybe bring a target bag. Man those walmart bags are thin. I always check them out after unloading groceries or whatever and they almost always have holes.

Good reminder to pickup after yourself.

When I take my son out hunting or fishing, I try and get him to pick up at least one piece of trash, in addition to any that we have. He is only 5, but one day I made him run after candy wrapper he dropped. I wouldn't let him quit until he got it (it wasn't very far for me, but for a 5 year, old, it was far enough), he got the picture pretty quickly.

Eh, the folks dropping trash are beating their wives/girlfriends, throwing cigarette butts out the window, and cutting in front of you on the highway. Manners are manners and the majority just don't have them.

It reminds me of something Minnesota Fats told me one time when Mrs. SkunkedAgain and I were hemming and hawing about having a kid. He said that there are a lot of f'd up people in this world, but he felt that he could bring a couple good ones into it to bring about some balance. That still remains the best reason that I've ever heard for reproduction!

LOL lightning, you are correct lol, my assumption would be lol that the wal-mart skinless skin would allow for whatever to drip out before you put it in the back of the truck to continue leakage in there, no doubt, triple those wal-mart bags smile. Bingo Trigger that is the lesson the slobs of our state never got.