• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Learning Crankbaits

amateurfishing

WOW!!! Poor guy must be going into info overload!! Good info but WAY too much to digest online!

I have my last two trips of the season booked. This will keep me busy through the third week in October. I probably keep the boat water ready until November or later depending on Mom Nature.

If you'd like to hit Mille Lacs, PM me your contact info. If schedules (and the wind) permit, there's an open seat waiting for ya. In my opinion, NOTHING beats hands on experience. Let me know.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

info overload absolutely! but rather have that & sift thru it than not enuff

bobber stop idea is a great, may have to be cheap & try that out but if i can get a good combo 7 plus ft rod with line counter reel for under $80 i think wife will approve that when in the right mood

WOW!!! Poor guy must be going into info overload!! Good info but WAY too much to digest online!

I have my last two trips of the season booked. This will keep me busy through the third week in October. I probably keep the boat water ready until November or later depending on Mom Nature.

If you'd like to hit Mille Lacs, PM me your contact info. If schedules (and the wind) permit, there's an open seat waiting for ya. In my opinion, NOTHING beats hands on experience. Let me know.

would absolutely love it if schedules work out, thanks so much, tried to p m u but site would not, feel free to pm me, then i will get u my info.

I cleaned out my inbox... Give the PM another try. If that doesn't work, clear out a few of your own messages and give another try. Could be that's where the problem is.

retried....when i click on your user name, PM option does not come up.

ph. is 952-446-5759, only scheduling conflict i may have is sons b'day on 27th.

retried....when i click on your user name, PM option does not come up.

ph. is 952-446-5759, only scheduling conflict i may have is sons b'day on 27th.

Well... That's strange. Okay... Just for the sake of trying... Click on my user name and chose "view profile". There should be a PM feature in there under contact info. Give that a try.

I took down your number and will call when I have a set plan. Been checking out the webcams up there and it looks like a nice evening! If it all works out, it should be fun as well as informative!!

anyone headed out this weekend? weather looks awesome

If I can find a few hours open, I'll give you a shout. I'll try to give you as much advanced notice as possible. If you're still up for it.... grin

I had some folks out Monday night. We just NAILED'em!! We found a pod of very active fish outside the weeds and just repeated our trolling run again and again... Doubles were common with one triple header thrown into the pandemonium!! Ended the night one fish shy of 3 limits in the box with a big fish of 30" and change. I'm not sure what our final count was but these guys were grinning ear to ear! The box fish are really putting on the feed bag as most looked like little footballs. Even the big girls looked better than previous trips. Not as skinny, but could still pack it on a bit more. The 30"er was still shy of 10 lbs. All "overs" were released.

A light south/southwest breeze and water temps in the upper 40's with a high reading of 51*.

And to the guy with no stern light.... Same to you buddy!!!!

Quote:
buy the trollers bible it gives the dive curves to most lures and has pictures in it so you can compare the picture to the lure you are using. Takes all of the guess work out of it

And if you do remember all the data in the book is for 10 lb mono or 10/4 supper braid not 20 or 30 lb test line like some people are suggesting. That big of a dia, line will make your lure run much shallower.

I was just at Amazon.com looking at the price of Spoonpluging by Buck Perry. WOW over $100 for some copies. A reviewer says Kevin VanDam suggests this book. I thought so with the way he talks about fishing and bumping the lure into things.

Did you know that a fish will not swim up to get to deeper water? So if he is in a shallow pocket he will not swim up to get to deeper water! for all he knows he is in the deep water. A brain the size of a pea. Face up current and follow the smell or stay below the the bait fish. A Pea folks, A Pea.