• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hunting shows on TV

79LumaCraft

My favorite show is "On your own adventures". I have Direct tv and it's on the Outdoor chanel I think 605. The reason I like it is because it an average guy who just hunts public land. I can't remember his name but he is originally from Minnesota and now lives out West. He shows how he gets information on public areas, how to apply for various hunts, etc and then shows films of his hunts. He is not hunting over food plots, piles of bait, or on managed game farms. It's real hunting. He has failures as well as successful hunts and it shows some of the real work and time it takes to get an animal unlike many other shows where it looks like you sit in the woods for a hour on the 1st night and shoot a 150 class buck.

With Jameson on this one. I'd rather go clean the calf pens than watch those of today. I used to tune into Jackie Bushman a bit, "the buckmaster" he did a MN hunt many years ago thinking way northern MN on a power line clear cut, he let a decent thin racked 10 pointer go and ended up without. I like how the pretty girls are surfacing on these shows to get you to tune in. If I would watch any it would be reruns of Tony Dean in the Dakota's hunting. So I used to watch a little before it went so over the top.

Don't watch any hunting shows.

Used to occasionally watch but stopped several years ago.

Didn't like the mindset that the kids started to pick up from those shows and takes time away from more enjoyable real life things we do.

Very much enjoyed Tony Dean back in the day. Best wishes to anyone who bucks the current trends to do a regular guy type of show.

lakevet

lakevet

The hunting shows I do watch, I usually DVR them so I can skip the advertising.

I like:

Meat Eater on Sportsmans channel. I like how he shows the hunt and is appreciative of the game he has harvested. I also like that he shows the field dressing and then does a little camp fire recipie and eats his freshly taken game.

The Flush. I think this used to be Pheasants Forever TV. I just like watching pheasant hunting shows.

I also like On Your Own Adventures. Someone earlier said they didnt know his name If I remember correctly its Randy Newberg. I also think he has posted here under the screen name OYOA.

Another is Whitetail Adrenaline. They are not on tv but DVD. They are 100% public land hunting with no sponsors.

If I EVER see one it might be DU TV and even then pretty much can't stand any of them..think they send a bad message about only shooting trophies,too many kill shots,CONSTANTLY selling stuff..really nothing but paid advertisement..but then again producers aren't really marketting to me ...if your women, ages 18, 30 or 50 or if your a young man then tv's your thing...which is perfectly fine with me, rather be fishing or hunting (hahahah)

I really enjoy Gun It with Benny Spies. I strongly encourage you to take a peak sometime, it's on a satellite channel. He mostly hunts outta South Dakota but he hunts the way me and my friends hunt. Hunting mostly public land, walk-in duck hunting, putting in tons of work to find the critters. Mostly just hunting with his friends and they hardly ever get a limit and even get skunked.

It might just be that we're in the same generation so I find it entertaining.

I get a kick out of some shows where they are encouraging take a kid, so they let him pound a doe takes 2 minutes then the grown men who have shot dozens and dozens of bucks go out without their kid lol to shoot the 47th trophy buck of their life, I used to yell at the TV, you shoot the doe and let your kid take a crack at that monster buck, then I'd watch.

I forgot that one, yes Benny Spies for sure, I forget it's actually a hunting show. Drag racing the toaster, riding bulls, using a golf cart to hunt on a golf course, drinking at the pub, burying his rv in mud or snow, "Gun It" with Benny Spies. It's kinda the Chevy Chase of hunting shows.

Right on rat, you personally are my favorite name on this site, Riverratpete that's my # 1. My favorite was when he tried goose hunting in a blizzard, you can tell 5 minutes after they're set up they're all wondering what the &^%$ are we doing out here, could've slept off the hangover.

I like benny as well,

I also like Lee and Tiffany, if you've watched over the years, tiff has got skinnier and more done up. Now all the women that hunt need to be attractive dressed well and shooting monster deer. There all just selling stuff so to me i just enjoy to watch someone hunting even if I could never imagine myself hunting in the same locations.

I like Uncle Ted, not because he's Ted or his political views. It's just entertaining. Plus, he makes no apologies for hunting exotics in fenced in properties or shooting little deer. I liked one episode where he shot a forkorn and kept going on about how tasty it would be. And how he was really happy with it and how he didn't know how all the other guys n TV tag trophy buck after trophy buck. That it certainly wasn't reality for him. Lol. I also like his cooking segments and how irritated he is with guys that couldn't cook a can of soup if they needed to.

Jim Shockey, not much for teaching, but always like to see places I will never be able to afford a hunt at.

Not many programs aimed at instructional methods anymore; most that target whitetail are either Hollywood hunters, showing off monster food plots or peddling products.