• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trolling Rod Holders

amateurfishing

too install the rod holders along the gunwhale i have insullation in the way everywhere, is this a normal problem? am i supposed to remove insulation under the gunwhale to attach rod holders?....if so how? the insulation is very hard itself and difficult access.

If it's 'very hard' probably shouldn't have to remove it if using backer plate. confused

One reason I love my Lund. I didn't have to drill any holes in my boat for rod holders thanks to the sport trak system.

I'll second this!!

I have (8) rod holder locations in my Pro-V right now. Tomorrow, I could have only (4) and no one would know the difference. Not a hole in the boat except for the down rigger tracks. Even my GPS puck is Sport Trak mounted!!

Ya gotta love the Sport Trak system!!

Word of caution when using the sport track system. I was in my buddies boat using my 10'6" dipsy rod with a magnum dipsy with the O-ring and the sport track bracket broke. I was lucky that it made a noise before completely giving out and I was able to grab my rod before it snapped.

am removing hard foam slowly as needed, unfortunately the gunwhale wrap around on inside of boat is so low i can only get locking nuts & bolts or rod holder bases, no washers or backing plate cause not enuff room to work, hope it works out (fingers crossed)