• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I have abundant sweet corn available...

As my son and I are not hunting over bait I thought I'd throw this out there.

We grow huge gardens every year for private use, and public sale. This year, due to the extreme heat, and consistent dry weather, we have thousands of ears of high quality sweet corn that won't quite make it for human consumption. Many ears are just too small to sell, but still have abundant large juicy kernels on the cobs. I'm bummed, as this is a big cash crop for us, but I simply won't be able to sell much of this corn.

If anyone in the area is interested, you can drive right up to this stuff, and easily fill the back of a pick-up with bear bait. Unlike most of the field corn, this sweet corn is still plump, juicy, and hasn't dried down at all.

Lichen Fox, Boar, Matt Breuer, I know you guys are fairly nearby, and hunt in this region...if you want it, send me a PM and come and get it. You're welcome to take as much of the immature stuff as you want. I'd rather see someone put a bear in the fridge using this stuff than see it wither up and go to waste.

Good advice Jeff. We do that as well. We share tons of free veggies with our friends, family and church too. Just thought I might offer to help out a few fellow bear hunters before these remnants dry up.

It's really a rewarding passion of mine...to take folks down to our gardens and load them up with fresh, healthy, garden grown veggies.

We'll be taking a lot of potatoes, and sweet corn to the food pantry this year. Always love to help out folks who need a little helping hand.

Wife and I spent labor day putting up 1) 2 gallons of creamed corn, 2) 24 pints and quarts of tomatoes, and 3) 24 pints of home grown salsa! Long day of work, but worth every minute. Now we gotta get venison, bear, grouse, ducks and geese, and walleyes into the freezer to go along with all the rest of God's provision! He is gracious and merciful indeed!

Matthew, I'll take it... all!! Haha! wink I will take a bunch. Okay to give my folks your cell number? My dad is getting low on bait, and I just had to drop another honey at Buckman's... Parents are coming here this weekend, and could possibly grab a bunch before they head out. Getting tougher and tougher to get bait it seems. Even with 4 freezers to load it in throughout the year.

I'm in TRF, MN.

Sure Matt, you can give your Dad my cell number. I'm running up to a friends place this morning to help him build a garage, and will likely be there most of the day, but your Pap can call me anytime.

I'm in Grand Forks all day Thursday, but should be home in the evening.

I suppose we should handle all the corn with gloves on, huh? Little less likely to get human, or dog scent on it that way?