• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Seasonal Breakfast Fav

I know, it is super simple and barely qualifies as breakfast... but it has been a tradition in our family for over 50 years when the tomatoes are ripe...

step one: Toasted and buttered roll. Now we are getting them from a local IT bakery. Where my dad grew up they got them from a place called the Polish National Bakery. They should be soft before toasting and after toasting, moderatly crispy...

step 2: lots of fresh from the garden tomato and salt n pepper...

full-1130-23984-004.jpg

Step 3: Bacon!

full-1130-23985-005.jpg

Step 4: put the lid on and eat...

full-1130-23986-006.jpg

Yes, it is a BLT without the lettuce... We have had em with lettuce, ham, fried eggs, ect... And always come back to the basic one for breakfast cool

....you East coast guys are a little weird grinwink

Hey, I have been to MN(Twin Cities, LOW, Red Lake). Not too sure I'd be throwing stones. grin

You guys are spot on with the bread. Vine ripe tomatoes straight outta the garden is the other key. The "expensive" ones the rest of the year dont cut it. And ofcourse bacon is never bad...

If I threw a weird stone it would come right back down and hit me on the head. Yeah, great time of the year for fresh veggies.....the Mrs. is a food nazi and often have grilled whatever from the garden type sandwiches.....a she will often allow me to put on cheese but only sometimes(if my listening skills have been on an uptick) bacon. Huh, guess if i would just communicate better I would get more bacon........