• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boats and...

itchmesir

Bluegrass!

boatsbanner.jpg

2012 Boats and Bluegrass Music Festival.. Last weekend in september 27-30th(it's always the last weekend in september every year in case you ever want to plan ahead)

Have been to 4 of these festivals and don't plan on missing another any time soon.. Always a good time.. Held at Prairie Island Campground in Winona, MN.. On the mississippi.. right next to the 5a spillway.. Good music.. Good camping.. Amazing people.. and even some good fishing if you can find the time after staying up til 5am drinking around a bonfire listening to musicians jam it up til the sun comes up! Families.. No worries.. The campsites are split up so that your little ones can sleep peacefully while the crazies party it up til the wee hours...

Tons of other activities besides music as well will be going down that weekend.. including kayak/canoe trips through the backwaters of the mississippi.. pontoon rides with Ranger Ed of the US Fish and Wildlife Dept.. Fire Troupes.. Disc Golf.. Puppeteers... Airplane Rides.. "The Dangerous Fun Show".. "The Wild Rumpus Circus Presents: Try Circus".. and much more!

Charlie Parr... Dead Man Winter.. Pert Near Sandstone.. Boys n' The Barrels... Blackberry Bushes Stringband.. Sans Souci Quartet.. Henhouse Prowlers.. just to name a few of the bands that'll be making you stomp your feet all day and night long..

You can check more out @ their HSOforum.. BoatsandBluegrass dot com

Sept 27-30th 2012.. Winona, MN

Hope to maybe see some of you there!

I'm gonna be slanging Tall Grass and goodies from Jefferson Pub & Grill.. 2 of which will be chili and our amazing corn bread smile Booth will probably be right next to the main stage.. same as last year... which means.. I get the best seat in the house.. free beer and stage side view

Also there is mention of "surprise sets" throughout the weekend.. Last year during Dead Man Winter's set Dave Simmonett called "a few of his friends up on stage" for a few songs and Trampled rocked the crowd with a 3 song set! Can't wait to see what surprises are to come this year! (psst.. Dead Man Winter and Erik Berry will be there.. Hopefully Carrol tags along wink )

They always throw some obscure or different types of bands in the mix to keep things fresh.. Last year it was Whiskey Blanket which rocked the stage with their classically trained hip-hop.. I'm interested in the Burbillies.. 80s/90s hairband bluegrass laugh

I'm gonna be slanging Tall Grass and goodies from Jefferson Pub & Grill.. 2 of which will be chili and our amazing corn bread smile Booth will probably be right next to the main stage.. same as last year... which means.. I get the best seat in the house.. free beer and stage side view

tallgrass, chili, and cornbread... uhh... yeah.

If I'm at the fest you'll probably see a lot of me.

I really miss when the Blue Grass Festival when it was at Camp in the Woods here in Zimmerman.

it was only a stones throw from my deck and it was really nice to be able to sit and grill and listen to the Bluegrass music.