• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Prairie Chickens...

Congrats Matt!! I will be a little south of you in 06A. First time I drew a tag after a few years of applying. A buddy of mine applied for the first time and got his tag in the same area. Neither of us has ever hunted them before.

Congrats on the tags fella's! I don't know what happend, I checked 1/2 dozen times before the window opened for the application and then when it did open, I completely spaced it out and missed it crazy

Good luck and post up some pics when the hunt is done.

Mike

Yes, MAtthew. You can take two, either sex. You can do some scouting for me... wink I plan to hunt between the airport, Hazel, and RLF... Will go south if I have to, but we've seen birds near Hazel, and can hunt my sister's land there. I need a couple of days to knock on some additional doors and do some scouting too...

I'll keep my eyes peeled. There's some pretty big sections of CRP southeast of St.Hilaire. A little boggy. Might be a few birds out that way?

Gotta friend down there that's had a few bear thru his property. Might do a little scouting down there tonight?

What are ideal conditions to look for when scouting for Prairie Chickens?