• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Which smoker to buy??

I am looking to purchase my first smoker and have decided to go with either the Masterbuilt Electric Smokehouse Model 20070190 or the Bradley Electric Smoker.. I am a newbie so looking to learn with this first smoker but i also am wanting quality.(if you can get quality from either one of these choices) Any suggestions and comments are appreciated. Thank you..

if you scroll the pages of the cooking and sharing recipe forum you will see a few "what smoker to buy" threads that are very helpfull and informative. a lot of guys here have the electric Masterbuilt and one or two have the Bradley. their best electric units run around 300 bucks or a little more on each brand. i think they are both good units. i give Masterbuilt an edge though for their 300 dollar unit as far as insulation and not having to buy the smoking pucks that you would have to do in the Bradley unit. good luck.

I really wanted to order a masterbuilt digital electric until I happened to look at the reviews on a big .com site. Almost 20% of the 200 some reviews were only 1 star. Big problems were elements burning out, and not being replaceable, and other big concerns. Did they change them recently, because I haven't heard of one problem on this site.

I think it's a luck-of-the-draw sort of deal. I saw the reviews too, but it seemed like the ones that were bad were really bad and the ones that were good were really good.

Mines been perfect for a couple years now. (knocking on wood)