• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Carter releases... and strapless releases

Laska

Anyone used a carter before? have experience with strapless releases with thumb triggers? Im thinking of changing some things with my shooting and one is my release- bow adjustments aside- what are your guys' thoughts on them and especially Carter... Im looking @ the Carter Target 4.

I used a Carter Hunter for many years before switching this past offseason. My Carter was always good to me and I like their products.

One little side note- you mentioned strapless... I always have a cord on my thumb releases and I'd never go without. Not sure if that's what you were referring to as strapless or not, but I recommend a cord on them with something that allows for adjustment of length (for no glove, vs. glove).

Good luck- I bet you'll like the release.

Carter makes good releases. Like a lot of things, I think it's a matter of getting comfortable with it, especially if trying back tension. I shot a few thumb triggers (TruBall ProDiamond & Fletcher JimiT) and shot them well, but for me an index trigger just felt more comfortable. Try one out - you might really enjoy it.

I decided to go with the Chocolate Lite Carter, the color seemed to go good with camo.... Naw actually I got it because it was recommended to me, thru my local archery shop. From what Ive heard the choco series is the #1 pick from hunters plus the lite version was built off of heir Target 4 & Easy 1 releases, I got the 4 finger one and figured I was looking at both why not get the one with both characteristics in it...

Local shop has new strings n cables for me anyhow so the adjustments to switch can all be done @ once, its a win win in my book, then its off to shoot tons of arrows with the new style release....

Yeah strapless meaning no straps to secure it to your wrist- cord to not lose it is what Im going to do yes. smile

Thanks for all the info guys!