• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Rebecca

I haven't been there for a few years since I moved. Its electric only lake first off. If you launch at the park straight out through the bay and by the swimming beach has some structure.

It has some good sized fish in there, always a follow never a hook up for me. Last time I was there was with MrKlean a few years back, he had a nice follow that day.

You do have to pay to park and fish from the park, but on the opposite side of the lake there is a primitive ramp for a smaller boat to launch from, saves you $ and allows you to fish past 'park hours'

DNR allows it yes, you want to fish it go for it, to the some of us it is an ethical thing to leave it be, to others it just does not work out for their 20 foot Rangers. All in all there are still better options in your area. I wish I had those options but we are struggling to get a 3rd lake in the south end of the state. Let us know how you do, I am sure with 85 degree water temps I would guess your not gonna see much action anyways but you never know.

its been a few years since pink and I went out there but we had a few follows, we fished in the fall on a nice cold rainy day, i work near there and dont see a ton of people fishing mainly because its electric only out there

Lake REB is open to public fishing for muskies

however its been kind of a unwritten law among muskie guys to leave it alone,,,the way I understand it about 90% of the states muskie egg take comes from here

not to mention the fact that its dark and shallow and right now probbaly has water temps around 90 degrees do we really want to stress out our prized broodstock???

witin a few miles you have Tonka,Waconia,Indy and even sugar isnt that far away,,,Its open to fishing but I guess why not just go someplace just has close

Don't get me wrong I always think about throwing a topwater across the holding ponds in Waterville whenever I drive past, but I resist because I know I would get caught transporting the fish to Tetonka wink

Catch the fish, release it, and let it spawn in the spring... I'm sure the DNR would say the same thing, otherwise they wouldn't let poeple fish it. I know there's a chance of a fish dying when you catch it, but if you live life they way, you shouldn't leave your house and drive your car because you might get in a car accident and die... Just saying

I know there's a chance of a fish dying when you catch it, but if you live life they way, you shouldn't leave your house and drive your car because you might get in a car accident and die... Just saying

Ya boy. Its more like getting in your truck drunk and driving. "Im fine, I wont get a dui, and I certainly wont kill anyone.."

If the water temp is near 90, its not a maybe. You will kill fish.

the lake does also support walleye and bass, so you do have multi-species opportunities. We all have our own opinions, I've fished under the pure understanding of catch and release with the hopes of a larger population/increased % of a hook up. I've avoided the lake now more due to driving distance and being to cheap to want to pay at the park. I agree with the other point of view too, but this is also the lake that had the massive die off in 07 or 08 from low summer o2 levels

Ya boy. Its more like getting in your truck drunk and driving. "Im fine, I wont get a dui, and I certainly wont kill anyone.."

If the water temp is near 90, its not a maybe. You will kill fish.

I agree we shouldn't be fishing ANY of the lakes for muskies when the water temps are pushing 90, that wasn't my point. My point is when conditions are normal I think it is fine to fish this lake. I can understand the other side of the arguement, not saying they're necessarily wrong, that's just too high-strung of a viewpoint for me.

Both sides have valid points. In any case, you're much better off at any of the other local lakes like Indy, Waconia, or Weaver (yes, it is stocked with muskies). I live 7 minutes away from it and for all the effort and nasty muck in that lake I'll only check it out from the dock after work when I'm not feeling anything else.

As for those fishing it, there's a mix, but it's always when the other lakes are full.