• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2012-13 off season talk

Scott K

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Timberwolves sign F Andrei Kirilenko.

Kirilenko is expected to receive a two-year, $20 million contract, with the second season being a player option. He's spent time with CSKA Moscow, but now he'll return to the NBA where he should immediately start for the Timberwolves. Fantasy owners should take note of his versatile game, as he has career averages of 12.4 points, 5.6 rebounds, 2.8 assists, 1.4 steals and 2.0 blocks on 47 percent shooting.

Kahn said he will officially sign Roy early next week. He also said that he has one more significant trade in the works, but it wont be finalized until after the Olympics.

Hmm, wonder who he is going after? We have no cap space, so that means we would have to get rid/trade a player.

Who are we going to trade? Luke? JJ? Williams? Pek?

Who would we be going after? Could they be in the works for a 3 team trade for the Lakers to get Howard? We get Pau Gasol? But I dont know where the cap space to sign him would come from. Even if we traded, Williams, and Pek, that still is no where near enough. I like Pek, and I hope he is signed long term to the Wolves.

They are pretty thin with bigs...was listening to Barreiro with Flip and Flip thought they would make at least one more move.

Well they have

Pek

Love

Williams

Tolliver??

Stiemsma

Cunningham

AK47 could play some PF

Am i missing anyone?

I agree it would either have to be a big, and trade out some one, or dump JJ, or Luke, and pick up a better PG, since it sounds like Rubio may be out most of the year, or at least not near 100%.

I would be ok with Carl Landry as a back up to Love.

If any of you watched many games last year, you will know how lame our wing position was. Being played by Wes Johnson, and the SG position filled by one of our PG, Luke, or JJ. It doesnt take much to improve on their play, but here is a couple examples of things our new wing men can do.

Air Bud

We're still fat at the 3 and thin up front in my book.

Cunningham and Tolliver (if he's retained) are undersized at the 4, Williams sans 20 pounds is even smaller, Kirilenko will defend well at a variety of positions.

I think Landry is looking for a starting gig, we've got our own low post scorer that can't defend.

The points scored didnt impress me because the talent he is playing is quite a bit lower then playing in the NBA, but the fact he is in good shape, and is staying on top of his game. Lets just hope that playing less games last year, did in fact give his body a little RNR, and he will come back to the NBA ready to play hard for 80+ games

The shooting % was good, but you have to take it with a grain of salt. Sure it is a good sign, but until he is playing against better defense, the numbers really dont mean much. I could shoot 80% playing against 12 year olds, that doesnt mean I would be able to shoot that against an NBA team.

Hypothetically of course. I dont think I could shoot 80% without anyone guarding me.

I was gonna question that!!! haha

I know it was against GB but I would imagine that he would have been guarded by Luol Deng who is no slouch and a legit NBA defender. I am going to hold out hope like I do every Twolves season and think that we got a good deal with Shved and AK.

No doubt! I will be as well. Regardless, we upgraded, and we have actual potential to be above 500 for the first time in almost a decade. I am just excited to see who Kahn is still in the works for. He said that after the Olympics, he was going to make one more significant move. Kinda makes the offseason a little exciting anyhow.

After not much to love about the puppies for a few (ok, 7-8) years, I am excited to see what they can do. Only wish Rubio would be in from the start so they could all be gelling together come xmas... hopefully PG dujour will be able to piece together a decent first couple months!

Well, the Lakers are stacked again tired

Orlando got robbed of once in a generation big men by Los Angeles twice now.

Might as well start contracting small market teams and let the East and West coasts duke it out.

Ya, it was almost like a sorry about the Chris Paul thing, we will let you steal Dwight to make up for it.

I just think there is to many egos on the team, and they will impload by midseason.

My gut feeling with the Lakers, they will be good until the Allstar break, then they will implode from massive ego's. They will still be a 3-5 seed in the playoffs, and who knows how they will play in the playoffs. They have a very good looking lineup on paper.

Quote:
Ricky Rubio (knee surgery) is "progressing faster than normal," but he's expected to be out until at least December.

Clearly, Rubio won't be ready for training camp. "The doctors said he was progressing faster than normal, and normal was supposed to be in January," T-Wolves owner Glen Taylor said. "Faster than normal would be December. He's going to start running and stuff in a few weeks." The fact that Rubio hasn't even begun to run yet is an indicator that he's still far off from a return, and fantasy owners should be aware that he'll likely be out at least the first month of the regular season. Luke Ridnour, J.J. Barea and Alexey Shved should all see increased playing time while Rubio is out.

Quote:
Brandon Roy, when asked about his knees, said that "this is the best I've felt in a long time.

"The reason why I say that is I'm able to improve," he said. "Where I felt that the last couple years in Portland I was just doing my best to maintain." Roy added that he "set a plan" for himself and has had no setbacks to date. We're still skeptical he'll hold up over a full 82-game season, but so far, so good for Roy and the T-Wolves.

I am skeptical myself if Roy will be healthy enough to play any significant minutes. But if Roy, and AK stay healthy, who knows how good we will be. It will be an exciting season to watch. Training camp begins soon, and only a month and a hald until season starts.