• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Moved to Minot......Now What??

Well took a job in Minot. Might not have to much time to bowhunt this fall, but want to be ready just in case. There seems to be more topography out here, especially surrounding the rivers. Taking what we learned around Grand Forks, I am going to stick with hunting along the rivers. I havent been out in the field yet, anybody know what its like? Anybody hunt the ravines and such in western ND?

Never hunted deer out there, but your not to far away from some really great pheasant hunting. I was in Minot 3 years ago during the winter, and everywhere I went I saw deer, and you got the river there for some pretty good walleye fishing! Just will have to adapt to the situation, but i'm pretty sure it will be worth, river bottom bowhunting...ohhhhh where the big bucks roam...some good stories from you this fall!!

Thanks guys. I just stopped over at Scheels and got a form to join the Souris Valley Bowman, local archery club here. After some more looking online I did see the Elite shop mentioned. I also called Game and Fish and got some information on populations out here. Sounds like populations are down here just like the rest of ND. Minot is also a bigger town than I originally thought. Does anybody know if its even possible to find permission within reasonable distance of town?

Don't put off tree lines and sloughs, or corn next to bean fields. It will be quite different than you are used to, sometimes less is more, and the deer out there don't seem to hang out where you can scout from a vehicle.

Can't really offer any advice or anything... I hear that the population in ND in general is way down from what it was 4-5 years ago. But I used to go out there quite a bit waterfowl hunting and driving in the pitch black to our spot at 3 am we saw a lot of really nice 8 and 10 pointers. It might not be quite as good but they are definitely out there.