• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mountain Men

Haha, yeah I caught that about the truck also. Saying a little Toyota flatbed truck weighs 5 tons. That's what I hate about these new shows, they must think all the viewers are idiots! Everything gets exagerated and edited for maximum drama.

I just started watching the recorded episodes last night. The NC guy that plants Cale to feed himself over the winter...or he'll starve. LOL How does he feed his two horses, I dont see any corn fields or hay fields around. He has to have that delivered.

Man does not live on Cale alone grin

I also think this show is a joke. There is a man from MN named Duane Ose that moved up to Alaska in the 80's and I believe he is the last American homesteader. I don't know if you would call him a mountain man but he is pretty close to one. If you google him you'll see what I mean

I love how one minute it's spring, the next it's winter and the next it's fall. They will claim it's 0 degrees except you don't see anyone's breath and there are puddles along the path. Some of the stuff is cool they just try waaaaaaay too hard to create drama. Only the AK guy is truly out there in the middle of nowhere.

I admit i still watch the show, but I sure am glad that I watch it via DVR so i can get thru it quicker.

I wonder why they never show Alaska guy actually catching something in his trap. They must only make 2 - 3 trips up there for a weekend or something to film.

I do wonder how much money these folks are receiving to be filmed? Maybe this is how Eunice is actually paying off the lien on his property? grin

There is actually another Alaska show (not sure of name but seen it this weekend) where they totally live off the land. Have own cows, grow their own gardens, hunt for Bear, Elk, Deer to fill the root cellar for winter. Cut wood all summer for heat in the winter. This show seems a little more realistic with less generated drama.

Bonus: There is a new mountain man next season too!

Probably be some guy living just outside Duluth who "has" to battle the snow and cold in order to ice fish so that his family can survive the winter. Queue the ominous howl of a distant wolf... and the hum of an ATV engine as someone just off camera zips by on the plowed road towing his 4 man portable and gas auger.