• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First time owner and new to this online

Firsttime

Ok i bought a 99 alumacraft Tournament pro 170 with a 40hp 4stroke suzuki tiller just loooking for some info on the motor.And livewell info it will not fill i can hear the pump run. and just some info on boating in general. I will be fishing with my 2 boys 4&5 and wife.

Thank you for your time

First time owner

Your livewell should have a valve that you twist counter clockwise to open and clockwise to close. Stick you head in there to find it and try turning it counterclockwise.

If you hear the pump running, that likely is the issue.

With that Suzuki you have one of the most durable and dependable outboards on the market. I'd have it thoroughly checked over and then if you take care of it you will get many years out of it.

With two boys in the boat always remember that safety comes way before catching fish!!

Welcome.

take your time... it's easy to get in a hurry whether at the landing, or when pulling anchor, etc.. this year is the first i'm taking my son, who is almost 4, but takes full attention at all times. we fish one line.

The livewells in my Alumacraft have a fitting on the spray nozzle that allows them to be shut off. Mine is a 2003, not sure how long they have been using them.

Just look inside the livewell for the spray nozzle, there will be a fitting on the end of the spray nozzle - loosen it up and hopefully it should work.

Yes i am finding it hard to get my boat in the trailer. I have a roller trailer and i dont know if i am backing in to far or what. But iam ging to keep trying

Thank you

First time, for the trailer, the key thing is to have the trailer "level" when pulling the boat out. Meaning, the left (port) side and right (starboard) side need to be submerged the exact same amount, or pretty darn close. Also, many people back the trailer in TOO FAR. For example, on ours (tp175) we back in until the top of the lights are just barely submerged, and use them to gauge whether we are level or not.

If both sides are within one inch of the other, we will have no problems. If the port is say 2.5" lower than the starboard, then we better manuvuere (sp?) the trailer a tad by pulling up and changing angle so that both are the same, or we will likely have trouble getting on straight on some landings.

Good luck, and enjoy the rig!

I agree with above, many put the trailer in too far.

I use the rollers as a gauge. Second roller (from the back of the trailer) is half to fully submerged depending on the steepness of the launch. Flatter launches I go half submerged.

thAnk you all for the info iam going in way to deep i will try tommarow. Just going to the middle of the back rollers.ANd dose any body load under power or do you just pull the boat on to trailer

Depending on the size of your boat but if you have a 16-17' aluminum boat with a roller trailer you should have no problem winching the boat up....if you decide you have to "power" your boat on the trailer do not gun the motor to propel the boat further on the trailer as this causes holes at the landing making it hard to load and launch boats. Good Luck....P.S. I noticed with my trailer that I couldn't get the boat on straight until I had the middle roller above the water line when loading. Now it is always centered on the trailer otherwise it always sat a little on the right. Take Care