• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bass Fishing in strong wind.

Dbumb

Often you can bang a crank or lipless crank off rocks and gravel. The advantage of those over a jig is you really don't care much if the boat is getting blown around. A swimjig can work, as well as jerkbaits. You can try drop an anchor and fish slower if it will hold and you know where the fish are. The beauty of bass fishing is while the wind does turn a bite on, you can also still run to the calm side and find fish if you get sick of the wind.

Some of the biggest bass I have caught in the windest days were on a texas style worm with a real heavy sinker.

I anchor up and fish it slower than slow and then try and go even slower.

i also keep my rod tip close to the water so I can watch the line .

I have won a couple small contests this way.

The fish wanted worms that day and the wind forced me to fish slow and you have to watch the line as it stays tight the whole time and the rod is pointed down at the water.

Guess what I'm trying to say is the fish will let you know what is working then you have to adapt to that style in the wind.