• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Paddling the Zumbro

Went out this morning for a few hours worth of paddling. Chose to paddle from Zumbro Falls down to Milville. It's about ~12.5 miles of very nice water. Weather cooperated for the most part, with occasional drizzle. Temperatures were fairly steady at around 65.

I will give a little shout out to Zumbro River Ratz for a nice shuttle service. The lady that operates this company is awesome. Very energetic, and loves what she does. If you are coming down for a weekend of camping or fishing in the area, check out Zumbro River Ratz. She rents kayaks/canoes, tubes, and does shuttling if you have your own ride plus her rates are very reasonable.

This is a great route to relax on, with easy riffles and very few obstacles in the stream.

P5190221.jpg

P5190215.jpg

P5190195.jpg

P5190192.jpg

P5190189.jpg

P5190177.jpg

Milville Landing

P5200225.jpg

Smallmouth, White Bass, Pike, Musky, Carp and some walleye and saugers. Might be more species than that, but those are the ones I know about. I've caught all but the carp, but saw hundreds of them today. This is a very shallow river in most spots, thus motor boats are rarely ever seen. A shallow flat bottom might work, but even that would be tough.

One of my reasons for floating it today was to scout for smallies. Getting excited for opener.

Nothing too big. A lot of suckers, and a few spawning carp. I'm looking forward to the Miss. river level starting to go down here. It's about 3' high right now, and has me all confused. Add the high water to the ridiculously high winds, and it's been a bad week. I've got my eye on some shallow "flats" that will be perfect for carping though. I want to see some tails soon!