• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Orioles & Hummingbirds

MootScoot

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seen my first oriole on april 30 7:00 in the morning rice county on the humming bird feeder so i put out the jelly feeders and they have been back every day now for the humming birds should'nt be to much longer?

Harris is grazing my yard as I type. smile

My cuz tells me it's always May 3 or 4 when her orioles start appearing in numbers. shouldn't be long now.

A local birder recently saw a female RB Grosbeak. She tells me they always arrive before the males.

Had 2 of them today. 1 in the grape jelly and the other was drinking my Oriole juice. great to see this beautiful birds back. Hopefully as many hang around as last summer, I had a ton of them.

And we have a winner. grin Like eyeguy, I had just a couple, and even they were intermittent. However, I did get an Orchard Oriole in my yard briefly last year. That was a real treat.

2 Baltimore type males here this a.m. at the jelly feeder. Just about the time I was going to bemoan the fact there were no Harris's sparrows this year, one showed up in the potato patch. My spring is complete. grin

[quote name='

Mark' date=' you're too easy. grin

I did have a pair of "kissing" cardinals on my tray feeder a few minutes ago. They are so romantic. smile

And Harris S. is back. [/quote']

Whaddya mean? I got orioles at the jelly feeder, Harris sparrows in the potato patch, meadowlarks in the pasture, a 2 gallon pail of radishes and several cold ones in the fridge. What more do I need? grin