• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Washing a sleeping bag?

ZapMan

Does anybody know of/had experience with, a place to get sleeping bags washed? I have 2 big/heavy bags that need a good washing. My front load will not handle that load. I live in the Sartell/St. Cloud area.

I would probably try the bathtub.

I've always got nervous about beating a bag up in the washer. My bags are fairly expensive.

If they really needed a deep clean from a washer, I'd check out the local laundromats. Some of them have big big washers. Definitely use a front load without the agitatior and I'd maybe use a gentler setting.

Be sure and check what sort of fill material your bags have.

I agree with ^ . Especially if it's down filled. I've too many down filled jackets and comforters come out matted and useless. Have a dry cleaner steam it or something else. Try and avoid getting the insulation soaked.

Did some checking on net. Front load washers are suppose to work good with a full load. So I tried my front load washer on gentle. Really filled it up. Worked pretty well, then I put into dryer. Filled that up too. Set on low heat. Dried for an hour. It's now hanging in house to finish drying. Im satisfied with the outcome.