• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Academy Awards

toughguy

Who watches, who doesn't?

Personally I don't. I find them boring and for the most part I don't like the kind of movies that tend to win. Everyone there takes themselves so seriously. Come one people, you're making movies not curing cancer. How can there be a category for best short animation but not best comedy or comedic actor/actress?

I know people have parties for the Oscars and really get into it. More power to you if that's your thing. I just don't get it. The Grammy's are about the only awards show worth watching anymore IMO.

I have only watched the Acadamy Awards once which was last year, and will again this year as my wife's cousin's is nominated for an Oscar Documentary Short. He was nominated last year and didn't win, but came close when we found out the voting results. This year the movie "Saving Face", by Daniel Junge, I haven't watched it yet, is about Pakistani women that have had acid thrown at their faces and their government in the process to make a law making it illegal, or something like that as I have onyl read small previews. He busted his butt on that one, actually put himself in danger in that country, and deserves an award for his hard work. He has done numerous other documentaries with very interesting topics and can't wait to see all of them. Some topics are on subjects that you wouldn't even think that there was a story to be told about.

From the recaps I saw this morning I'm glad I decided to paint my bathroom last night instead of watching.

Wish I would have. There's 3 hours of my life I'll never get back. At least the wife was happy I watched it with her - score!