• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2012 Trail Cams

Wow stick that is awesome growth for the 10th of June! I bought a 2012 Bushnell Trophy Cam HD and like it so far. I checked it after a week to make sure it was working and taking good pics. Then I loaded it up with lithium batteries and a 8 GB card and will leave it til the end of August. The time lapse software provided with the cam will be awesome to watch the growth over the summer.

I'm running Rayovac alkalines in mine and one cam has 4600 pics since the end of March and is still reading full. Amazing compared to my Cudde's of the past. What are your time lapse settings set at? You're going to have a 1,000, maybe 10,000 pics to look through come August!

Quote:
Are all the new model trail camera's equipped to plug in a standard 12V 7-9amp Vex battery?

Not sure about different manufacturers, but the Bushnell TC has the option to connect an external 6V power source. I think most cams on the market today have an external power option.

Quote:
SNS whats up with all your deer giving you the tungue?

My salt is just lip-licking good I guess! Half the pics I get at that site are like that. Either that or they're just taunting me for fall knowing I probably won't ever see them again! smile

full-9397-21422-1a(157).jpg

Great posts stick! I really like how saturated the pictures are in the Bushnells! The color photos really are great!

You sure dont hear much bad about these M80's either though... Im going to buy one or two this weekend, cant decide if M80 Black or Bushnell TC Black???

Anyone have a series of pics from the M80 Blacks?

I didn't recommend the M80 BLX because of the review it got. Trigger speed came in at 2 sec during the day 2.8 at night and the sensor was only catching movement out to 38'. Probably would work fine at a salt block, but that's the extent of it. Much better alternatives available IMO.

I didn't recommend the M80 BLX because of the review it got. Trigger speed came in at 2 sec during the day 2.8 at night and the sensor was only catching movement out to 38'. Probably would work fine at a salt block, but that's the extent of it. Much better alternatives available IMO.

Aaaahhhhh..... I looked at the reviews on chasin game a while back. I guess I didnt see that the Bushnell was that much better than the M80. Based on what youre saying and have found based on your experience, the Bushnell is the way to go then, eh?!

im gonna check the reviews again. Thanks again stick!

Nice bear pics!

Quote:
hey Stick! can you recommend a Wireless Trail Cam that works on the Verizon network?

You're on your own there - sorry!

The 476 didn't get the best reviews, but the 466 did. Guys are still picking the 466 over the 2012 476. I have the 476's and am happy with them, but they have a few issues to fix for next year.

I'd say if you're looking for a black flash the Bushnell 119466 or the Covert Black 60 would be two great choices. You can get the Bushy for $160 online right now and it gives you a 2 year warranty over the 1 year on the Covert + HD video w/ sound. Just my .02.

So here is my question for you fellers. Through the military, I can get either Moultrie or Stealth for anywheres from 40-60% off MSRP. Looked at the Stealth Cam Sniper Pro ($80) and the Moultrie Game Spy M80XT ($100). Are either of these good cameras?

Don't know anything about the Stealth's but you'll get decent bang for the buck with the M80XT. It's an IR flash cam w/ a motion freeze feature that changes the shutter speed to decrease motion blur. Guys have been saying it works pretty well. Still has the 2-3 sec trigger speed, but overall a pretty good camera. Try one out and let us know how you like it!

Once and I while I give Stealth a try thinking they will try to keep up with the rest.... and I ALWAYS end up wishing I didn't. They just aren't as good as the competition IMO.

Stick, what are the downfalls your finding in the 476's? Im buying one camera at cabelys this weekend and its with gift certs. so I guess it has to be this years model. Im nervous! Im a Cudde guy to the death whistle but I dont like Cuddes infrareds at all (or any infrareds for that matter...) but I do want a black flash for nearby stand locations. I was thinkin M80 but you have curved my decision toward the 476. Speak now, Im putting this all on your shoulders!!! winkgrin

I'm still technically a Cuddy guy too since I still own a Capture! That's been a great cam and I can't get myself to get rid of it.

The main issue with the 476 is motion blur. They changed the shutter from last year to allow more light in and brighten the pics and the blur is the side-effect. Like all black flash cams, you're going to have a fair degree of blur at night as well. Just the nature of the beast. It's not terrible or anything, but at close distances it's noticeable. You'll still know what deer it is & everything. I just like "frameable" pics so I might be a little pickier than others. Other than that, it's a great cam w/ a great sensor packed with a lot of great features. The time lapse feature is really nice. For the difference in price, I'd look for a 119466 first though. If you don't care about video, maybe check out the Covert Black 60 - really good pics coming from that one. The 2013 Covert's will reportedly be adding HD video w/ sound I guess. Should be one to look for.

I use hc600 reconyx cameras but they are pretty spendy and I hate putting them out on private land that other have permission to hunt also.....

I think I will keep my reconyx's on my land and start stocking up on the "eyecon" from big game treestands,, they are like half the cost and take great pics.....