• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Canvas Craft Norpac? (ok for spearing?)

Dunnyboy

I'm thinking of getting a canvas craft norpac house. I was wondering if the whitish interior would be bad for spearing. Also considering a insulated flip over but after sitting in a couple it looks a little inconvenient for spearing. What do you guys think?

First off, welcome to HotSpotOutdoors and Fishing Minnesota!!

i have the northlander, and i didnt get the white as i was a bit scared on the darkness. I think it would be dark enough, but i didnt want to take that chance.

Great company, and awesome houses.

Yep first off welcome to the HSO family Dunnyboy these guys are filled with knowledge thats been a great success to this forum.

The white interior will work but may not get as dark as you would like and the fish/pike may see movment a bit faster than if it were darker. couple of ways to fix it string up dark colored tarps on the ceiling, Black upholstery spray paint the ceiling or leave it alone. just watch your movement. I have done all theree and have speared many pike.

The flip overs work just fine to spear out off as archerysnpier has said and I have a buddy that made a floor for his along with a ceader 2x10 to walk on to get in and out if he needs rather than flip it up so he can leave the bottom banked up.

I think Canvas Craft can do a black interior if you order it that way but I think they charge extra to do it. when I ordered my northlander I noticed there was a place on the order form to add a spearing option(would guess this means black interior). the best would be to call them and ask them. even if they do offer a black interior you will still have some light coming in the holes were the fabric is sewn together but this can be sealed( I think there was a thread about this earlier this year)