• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Coyote-1 Buck-0

Boonie5

It really seems hard to believe that a buck in his prime could be taken out by coyotes in the summer time, my guess if this is real is that buck definitely had something wrong with him somewhere. Plan to thin the coyotes down this winter, there numbers in my area are way too high and as trapping fades, the gun needs to come out.

The yotes were all over my uncles farm the last few years. Deer numbers were as well. Last winter he took a ton of the yotes out, and what a difference in the amount of deer on the land!

Funny to see a man shoot yotes out his living room window with a 30-06.

I wish I could see them in shooting light, I hear them nightly unless windy, in every direction, but boy we rarely see them, now can't hear them because it's below zero wind chill like last night, aint spending as much time outside smile.

That's what a good scope and full moon nights are for,get a call and start blasting them buggers.

Call me nieve but I find it hard to beleive this guy is going to stand there and take this. Two yotes against this guy while he stays right at the camera for all to be captured. Hmmmm? If for real then I agree with the one who said something was wrong with him. I have watched deer come running into my stand site, run in all directions, cover little ground and then head out. Only to watch a yote show up seconds later confused as he lost the trail. The deer threw him off as it had no clue as to were to go next. They don't just stand there and take it unless there chained up or something. Did someone shop the chain out of the photo? Lol

Not saying yotes don't do there damage to the herd but this one is a little far fetched for me to bite. Sad pic's though even if it is fixed.

This was in my Jan. edition of Deer and Deer Hunting. It's legit according to them and they offer a more in-depth story with a picture of the guy and the skull, spinal column and horns he was able to recover after checking his trail camera. These pics were part of more than 200 he had of the buck and coyotes. The theory, and I stress that word, is that the string of 100 degree days in this part of the country combined with the fact that the coyotes chased the buck quite a distance quite a ways tired it out. They cornered it and attacked the rear, which coyotes often do to disembowel their prey, which in turn sends it into shock and immobilizes it. If your bowls were burst, you might not go very far either, no matter how tough you are. Or the buck could have been ill. No certain reason it didn't make it out of there but it didn't and this is on the up and up. If you look closely in some of the pics in the magazine, you notice many other sets of eyes in the background beside the two coyotes the camera clearly captured.