• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What's workin' now?

The Crappies were schooled thickly, close to the bottom, and the bigger fish were holding in the shallower depths (25 feet).

Sunnies were schooled thick suspended above the Crappies.

The size range was very diverse, catching fish that were 3" to 11" inches being the largest ones.

The limit I took averaged 10-11" on the ruler when I cleaned them.

Water temps were 47-48 degrees, and with the bit of wind blowinf acroos that surface, we could certainly feel it.

No super slabs, but certainly was a gorgeous day to be out in the boat, and I know I won't complain at the dinner table today.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UJ,

It sounds like you were fishing next to me this past Sat. In my situation, I went back to a spot I had on the GPS, with the wind we were able to get within 20ft fishing 15ft depth, nothing...I figured they went deeper or to the deep weedline on the windyside. Still nothing, racing the sun, I went back to the GPS-spot, were able to get within 6ft but in 17.5 ft of water. We threw everything with and w/o minnow. I put on one of my usuals..green jighead w/red & white tubeskirt, tipped with nothing..ODD. the fish were in huge schools from 17ft(bottom) to 10ft from bottom. I tried different presentations, the one that worked the best was. Putting a splitshot 6in from the jig, I've found in those conditions it obviously keeps the lure in a confined area, using 3 short twiches and stop. That worked along with pulling the bait off the bottom up 4 ft and stop..crappie.

VERY FUN...it would have been nice to have a Aquaview, to actually see all this going on..

Whats working now? The Green Bay offense, thats what! Today I offically shut down the 2004 open water fishing season!

"The fish need fear not...the Grebe has left the building!"

Today it was fish 1 and The Grebe 0...I never even got a bite in about 1 1/2 hours of fishing, not even a pike.

I lost my last lure to the river for this season, my last hook and sinker, my last bobber stop and my last 2 feet of line!

Some years are the same as the last, some different, this year was a way different smoke!

Nothing worked according to the book of Hoyle this fall and now the Vikes are getting their collective butts kicked again and Green Bay is doing the kicking....Cheez, come on ice!

Yea the frustration continues. Water temps were in the low 40's yesterday and the fish were pretty scattered. Rod guides were icing up along with the shorelines in the weeds. Shouldn't be long guys. I'll let you know wben I start hitting Ice sheets with the boat grin.gif I hope to get out this week for a few last hurra's.

Sunday:11-21 Forecast: Mostly cloudy, high of 53 degrees. The fishing gods have blessed me this year. I will be going out.

I was able to get out Monday, it was about 50 degrees & not a touch of wind. Such a great day.

However, I was completely skunked (well the 1 baby gill doesnt count).

I was fishing for gills. Bobber/cricket. Tried everything from shallow 5-6 feet to 12-15 feet. The lake I go to is 20 foot max. I was even throwing a beetle-spin type lure & that only had one bite.

Where should I be looking? The docks on this lake are too shallow. The weeds are mostly dead but still have some nice weeds to 5-6 feet.

I know there are monster gills in this lake as I usually have some success, but my normal places are cold.

Thanks as always.