• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Clam Bait Bucket

Yep I'm that guy, you have seen me at the bait store in line with my new Styrofoam bait bucket.

I'll admit I have a problem,I seem to know just where to put my new Styrofoam bait bucket on the way to the lake or even better on my way out on the lake ,yep right where it will get crushed or even better yet the slow leaker. Thats my favorite slow leaking water out of a small crack so small I don't notice it until, I have to run to get the auger fired up to drill a hole to try to get water to the minnows that are now flopping around on the bottom of a now dry Styrofoam bait bucket.

Know is the time I tell you about the times I forget to bring the Styrofoam bait bucket in the house and in the morning I have a frozen popsicle of the minnow flavor.

Well I think things are about to change for me.

Clam Corp has come up with a pretty neat little bait bucket and I think its just right for a guy like me.

With the locking top and plastic bait bucket along with the insulated cover I'm ready for the ice season.

full-2159-14593-hso001.jpg

Sifty

Here's my review on the new bait bucket's from Clam Corp.... Last Tues. I purchased bait, put the bait in the Clam bait bag, fished, and when I returned from fishing I threw the bait bag in the fridge in the garage. Yesterday I opened the fridge and to my surprise found week old bait that hadn't been checked sitting there. I was a little nervous to open the lid, but to my surprise, all but 1 minnow was alive and kicking very well.

Umm... two thumbs up!!

That is the 2 gallon one.

So far this season it has worked out well.

My son and his friend went out last night and did some four wheeling to get on to the lake and he was sure it would have tipped over and spilled well it was tipped over but not a drop of water came out.

Sifty

First time I used them the gasket fell out. I replaced it and so far they have stayed in place since. I have both the 1.6 and .6 gallon versions and both did the same thing. There have been no leaks since.

So I'm saying that if you see a thin rubber gasket on the ground, check your bucket before you toss it.