• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Insurance ?'s

Dave S

Been considering a return back into snowmobiling and like Dahitman44, debating between the 600 or 800. One hang up would be on the insurance rates. Just curious what everyone else is paying, what size sled you're riding and your age (since age can weigh heavily on rates).

Thanks for any info.

I'm with Farm Bureau, have been ever since I had my first vehicle ( 1986 ) and I have all of my insurance thru them, home, vehicle, boat, sled and so on. For me I can't say the engine size of the sled ever influenced my premium price, question was did they WANT to insure a bigger cc'd sled, so far I've been lucky and they have insured whatever I bought, full coverage usually cost me about $300 per year, I only have that for a couple years and then drop it to liability, I believe that is something like $99 per year. I've insured 440, 500, 2x 800's, 900 and 1000cc sleds.

I think my home owners policy makes a huge difference in my premium for my sled, if memory serves me right the agent sent in a policy request a few years back and it came in at over $700 but when we tagged it onto the homeowners policy it cut it in half.

I'm sure things will vary from company to company....... Good Luck!

Mike

AmFam, with auto and home, full coverage on 02 sleds, and 44 yo. 02 yammie venture 600 is about $130, 02 xc500 is about $110, and old 88 indy 400 (only liability) is about $40. Or pretty close, as the three sleds total is a hair over $300 I think.

I strongly believe that they use stats to determine which sleds are involved in the most accidents and which are more expensive to repair. Not to mention age groups etc!

They are in business to make money and they rarely come up on the short end.

not to hijack this thread but what do you guys have as deductibles?

I have full coverage for 2 2005 Skidoo SDIs and paying $145 a year total for BOTH sleds.

I have $500 deductible though and the lower coverages on medical/etc but figured those were enough? I have full coverage also (collision, liablity and comprehensive).

33 dollars a year through Western National on a 1998 Yamaha SRX 600.

Liability only.....rather than carrying full coverage at the higher premium (since it isn't that new) if the unthinkable happened and I cracked it up.....she'll get parted out and on to a new sled.

33 dollars a year through Western National on a 1998 Yamaha SRX 600.

Liability only.....rather than carrying full coverage at the higher premium (since it isn't that new) if the unthinkable happened and I cracked it up.....she'll get parted out and on to a new sled.

Dragon, I think that is what I am going to do next year, since this year is already paid. Mine "new" sleds are 2002, so between the two I would probably save around $200 per year. Hmmm... I am on the cusp, but good idea, as we are not racers, but things can happen, especially when rookies are riding them, haha!