• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Worth sitting all day

MUSKY18

Okay...super pumped about the Ripley hunt on Wednesday and Thursday. Have already found a great spot. Oak woods with tons of acorns, has a ridge line that drops off into a swamp. Tons of sign. My question, is it worth sitting in the stand all day if they are predicting the temps to be in the mid 80's? Would imagine the deer are going to hold tight all day and probably not move until last/first light of day. Right now I am leanig towards sitting all day as I don't want to be moving in and out and leaving too much scent noise around. I guess if all else fails, a nice nap in the sunshine isn't the worst of things........

I would say sit all day if it was me but it is up to you. Being that it is the Vets hunt and not the regular hunt I am assuming that there wont be as many people up there for it and the bumping of deer will be to a minimum. I am going to try to get my son to stay all day but kids are hard to keep entertained that long. I hope he has a doe come past at least so he can fling a arrow. Good Luck on your hunt and keep me posted!

I would say sit all day if it was me but it is up to you. Being that it is the Vets hunt and not the regular hunt I am assuming that there wont be as many people up there for it and the bumping of deer will be to a minimum. I am going to try to get my son to stay all day but kids are hard to keep entertained that long. I hope he has a doe come past at least so he can fling a arrow. Good Luck on your hunt and keep me posted!

Ahhh didn't realize this was the vets hunt, that might change my outlook. If there isn't the pressure and you don't have to worry about running into other hunters or finding a place to yourself I might hold off on the all days sit and focus on the morning and evenings. Still might be worth sitting all day just for the heck of it.

Id say not to sit all day, especially if there isnt alot of pressure. It will only make you restless if u sit all day. Take a few hour break in the afternoon. the one or two hour strech will make sitting the rest of the day that much easier. but this in just IMO