• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

English Setter Breeders

hotdog

A +1 for Berg Bros.

I was up there all day yesterday with my 13 month old pup. Trying to dial a few things in and get the gears working in the dog. Even though I pretty much showed up unannouned, Ben took Most of his morning and helped be put the dog on birds and helped me make corrections when needed.

I do know of a guy getting rid of a nice started dog that has been on grouse and from what Ben says is a really nice dog. One of his clients is getting rid of him, lets just say he would need to be an outside dog.

@ setterman - Yup, thats the same dog. I'm told he could be had for cheap if he is going to the right home. Buying a dog that you KNOW can handle grouse for less than 2000 dollars is a heck of deal. I bet this dog was 600-700 as a pup.

That is a awesome price! He has more money than that in just training. I would entertain buying him but I have three setters now. One pointer puppy coming this spring, and all the female setter pups out of female I owned. Most people do not understand the time effort and money to get a dog to that level.

Setter Hills is great, otherwise also look into Heartland Setters. That's where I got mine from. They have some great dogs there and I couldn't be happy with my 4 year old for grouse, woodcock and pheasant.

A lot of people are saying Berg Bros too. I've talked to him a few times and they're known all over the place for having great dogs.

The first two I listed are Ryman/Old hemlock lines. I don't think you could go wrong with either of these three though.