• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First one on video

Porcupine

So myself and jnwb decided to try to videotape our hunts this year. This was our 3rd time out this year. 1st time-nothing, 2nd time-Doe is way smarter than us, 3rd time- 10 yard shot out of my box blind. Nockturnals are REALLY bright. She went about 150 yards on a dead run. Hopefully it is ok to post the You Tube link. If not please delete.

I agree on the loud part. I thought the same thing when i watched it last night. It has got me thinking about the blind. It is a wood blind with nothing in it. I am considering adding accoustic foam or something on the inside to dampen some of that noise. Obviously, my bow is not that loud. By the way it is a Elite GT500 and the broadhead was a Rage 2 blade.

We watched the replay a couple times and decided not to wait (that and the coyotes literally don't give you a chance to wait) She actually was bleeding OK, not great but 75 yards of her run was through pine trees. Really hard to see blood on a blanket of pine needles. Her total run lasted seconds. tracking took about 45 minutes. Arrow was covered mainly in blood (Dark Red Liver Blood) Again, I would normally wait at least an hour on that shot but did that last year and it was half gone already.

I've got a JVC Everio HD cam that records into it's own format. In order to share clips, you need to convert it. The quality ends up suffereing and file sizes are too big. I've got lots of good footage but it's just not practical to do anything with it. I'm pretty raw to the whole video editing/conversion thing though.