• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where to put bow hanger

kevfish1

Not sure what you have but I put mine(its 3 sections that fold) right at shoulder level on my holding bow hand side. Easy grab from sitting and swings away for the shot. If im standing im usually holding it.

I put mine up as high as I can get it while standing. This way I don't have to worry about hitting it when drawing back or shooting. Even with it up that high I can still easily grab my bow by the handle while sitting down.

I usually just use the little hooks that are close to the tree, for those it seems to work better to have it over my right shoulder so I can reach across my body with the left to grab it. I had an extended bow hanger at one time which I believe I then did put over my left shoulder. I must not have zipped the backpack all the way some time & it fell out, because I don't have it any more. I hunt so many stands it was kind of a hassle putting it in & taking it out all the time. Often I'll just trim a branch off that's at about the right height & hang it over that. Main thing is a guy has to train himself to reach for that bow at the first strong indication of a deer coming.