• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

BEANS!!!

MUSKY18

I've watched deer in the late season come back to harvested bean fields and browse on what seemed like nothing. Upon closer inspection there were still a few beans on the bottoms of the short stalks that were too low to be picked.

This past weekend as I walked around one particular bean field I couldn't find one plant that hadn't been topped off. The beans were in tact even on the edges and at the entry points but all the tops were gone. Also, I did not see one deer actually in the beans. Every deer I saw or heard were in the CRP or the woods. They were browsing heavily on the leaves in the woods, not the acorns either.

They'll come back when there's nothing better to eat.

What he said. But I have noticed deer grazing on the beans after they've browned up as part of their morning and evening routine. They hit the woods and grassland more heavily but they do mosey through the beans and nibble. I love a blind set up on a bean field edge this time of year. You can hear the beans crackling as they walk through them.

I typically do not see deer in the beans when they start changing color. Not the case this year for me on opener they were using them and they were half brown half green. I have seen them come back later in the year but only in under pressured areas or well after dark and only kinda. my 2 cents