• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spear shack Mods

Gordie

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got the house done today, ill post the final pics tomorrow. Im pretty happy how it turned out its dang near pitch black on the inside and i think its actually lighter then my house from last year. Only downfall is when i was making it i wanted to make the side with the door a bit taller for folding down easier, i made it a bit to tall and the other side to short so the canvas looks a little funny in a few spots and you can really tell one side is taller then the other but besides that i cant wait for the ice laugh

hi all well i found this on the side of the road for cheap. came with a 5x9 trailer also. i was going to make a small house but my wife says she would like to try it also. its 4x8 steel with 24 x 4 foot hole for spearing my nieghbor guy who spears also said to get rid of the middle ski because they can freeze down bad so i removed it put a 2x4 flat down the middle lag bolted it then in the middle of the house ran 2 2x2 in the middle to strengthen it up feels good the house is slightly heavier than i thought but i think we can manage. it had no spear hole cover so i made one and framed the floor up so it would hold in place . i ran a rattle reel on the wall up to a shelving bracket sticking out from the wall then put a eye hook on the end to hold the decoy up. put a vent on the top for ventilation it had a wood stove but was shot and didnt want it it is fully insulated i think a buddy heater should heat it pretty good. sorry to ramble but i,m pretty happy with it hope it works good.full-26005-12119-fishhouse_marissasb_day

full-26005-12120-fishhouse_marissasb_day

full-26005-12121-fishhouse_marissasb_day

Here is a side pic of the house all done, you can see the canvas is sagging a little because the sides are uneven, but besides that im happy. Now im gonna try and carve me a few decoys to pass the time when im not hunting and waiting for the cold.

full-17060-12137-013.jpg

hi all well my wonderfull fish house that i pictured here is dead. how you ask? my wife and i were inside it working when we heard a crack then down we went busted the floor right down the middle tore all the frame on one side. its pretty well shot so im taking it apart to make a 4x4 my original plan ill post pics when done.

Well guys, I started a little project and figured I would take a few pictures as I go and let you follow along. I use a small hub pop up to spear out of, and wasn't real pleased with the amount of light getting in last year. So I decided to try and make a slip cover to go over the top of it to block out the rest of the light. I bought some moving blankets and cut them to the size I need. This weekend I bought a sewing machine, so I could start the assembly process. I have the sides sewn together, but still need to sew the top on. I still need to locate some reflective fabric to make it legal, and I think I will need some bungie cords to hold it in place. I will leave one seam loose with velcro for a door. Let me know what you think, I will post more pictures as I go.

full-34523-14197-slipcover01.jpg

full-34523-14198-slipcover02.jpg

full-34523-14199-slipcover03.jpg

After another evening on the sewing machine, I am almost done. I took apart a safty vest to steal the reflective fabric. That actually worked out pretty well. All I have left to do is cut a few holes to be able to strap the slip cover to the house, and sew on some velcro. Oh yeah, I still need to put my dnr number on it, and figure out how to attach my darkhouse license to it as well.

Bowhunt

full-34523-14295-slipcover05.jpg

full-34523-14296-slipcover04.jpg