• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boat Plug

Bobcat45

Originally Posted By: h8go4s

When you load your boat on the trailer, pull the plug and slip the plug eye over one of the tie down strap hooks before you hook the strap onto the boat. Then when you launch, the plug is right there in front of your eyes when you undo the straps.

Unless you forget to undo the tie down straps. Don't tell me i'm the only one that's forgotten that!

I dont like it one bit

I never took the plug out of my boats

once in the fall and it went right back before i put it away

the water in the bottom of the boat isnt going any where any way is it?

the live well is a separte drain

i really dont understand why its illleagal going down the road

but i got a warning ticket over the 4th so i will do it

but dont like it one bit

i think the live well issue is very valid and still just draining it at the landin might not be the answer i'm not sure most live weells drain every drop so next time on the lake if you dont put the plug in the live well and as you take off you force water to the back its runnin into the lake

how long can these critters live in a live box ??????

the water in the bottom of the boat isnt going any where any way is it?
Uh, sure it is depending on the problem. For a solid boat that doesn't have small leaks, the only water in the boat/bilge is likely from rain. However, even a solid boat can get water over the side from big waves. For the 50% of boats (made up statistic) that have small leaks contributing to the water in the bilge, they will also leak water and invasives out when they are in the next lake. So the water can go somewhere.