• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wii U

zamboni

The Wii is what it is, and it was a great thing to have in my dorm room in college. Now I use it to watch netflix on my TV. It was definitely worth what I paid for it.

However, I have seen little redeeming value in the Wii U, nor will I be purchasing one.

Well, you already have 2 monster systems for hardcore gaming, and PCs that kick the snot out of either of those boxes, so I'd say that Nintendo isn't aiming at you for a customer as it is. That segment (15-35) has already been hit pretty hard financially and you have multiple systems catered to you already. So why wouldn't you take a crack at the hundreds of thousands of baby boomers and their enormous disposable incomes?

You might think the screen controllers are a gimmick, but both Sony and MS couldn't get motion capturing devices out soon enough after Wii dominated the market with sales! (although, they had to sell 2 units to Sony/Xbox's 1 to make the same money, though)

Regardless, those "adults with beverages" spend money, as do the parents of those "kids." Nintendo sees that as money in the bank, even if it's a weak gimmick-based system with kids' games. For every gamer whining about the lame graphics and boring games, there were 3 soccer moms in line to buy it! Just sayin'.

I love the Wii. Just enough video game fun for me and I don't drink. My days of sitting in front the TV for hours on end playing video games ended sometime around college graduation and with a PS2 - that I still play on occasion.

I do get a bit jealous when I have a chance to rip into NHL hockey on the PS3 or one of those CODs, but I just don't have the time or motivation to play enough to justify the cost for the system.

The same lack of time and motivation to play video games will keep me away from the Wii U, at least until the price drops a bit.

Well, you already have 2 monster systems for hardcore gaming, and PCs that kick the snot out of either of those boxes, so I'd say that Nintendo isn't aiming at you for a customer as it is. That segment (15-35) has already been hit pretty hard financially and you have multiple systems catered to you already. So why wouldn't you take a crack at the hundreds of thousands of baby boomers and their enormous disposable incomes?

You might think the screen controllers are a gimmick, but both Sony and MS couldn't get motion capturing devices out soon enough after Wii dominated the market with sales! (although, they had to sell 2 units to Sony/Xbox's 1 to make the same money, though)

Regardless, those "adults with beverages" spend money, as do the parents of those "kids." Nintendo sees that as money in the bank, even if it's a weak gimmick-based system with kids' games. For every gamer whining about the lame graphics and boring games, there were 3 soccer moms in line to buy it! Just sayin'.

You're right, it is great for soccer moms with little kids and adults with drinking habits. No debate there.

You've made your point, three times in fact. Now go back to your COD thread, fanboy. Adults with drinking habits are talking.

pwned!!711!! (that's what you kids say these days, right?)

I agree 100% that the Wii caters to a different marketing. For those that are hard core gamers you have Xbox and PlayStation. For those of us that are more casual gamers the Wii is great. I have no desire to sit inside and devote hours of my life to a game system. Even growing up I had a Nintendo and Super Nintendo and friends had some of the other platforms but we were all too busy playing baseball or building forts to care.

Now as an adult I occasionally want to play a game and I want something that I can jump right into without a big learning curve. The Wii provides that. Add in the Netflix option and that's all I need a system to do. I play it maybe once a month and watch something on Netflix maybe once a week since I don't have cable TV.

Oh and 5 guys 3 cases of beer and homerun derby is the recipe for an entertaining night.

Owned with a P.... OUCH!

I consider myself a casual gamer, and the wii is nice for get-to-gethers or for the kids. Each system has its market. Heck I know of people who still buy regular Nintendo games over the new systems and games.

Can everyone hug it out? or do we have to have a wii fit battle to determine who's superior.