• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

mario lucia

scsavre

Ok, not sure if he deserves his own thread here.

Story out of the strib states he is leaning toward notre dame. Said he likes it the best. I just can't believe he would go there. I'm not sure what the draw is. So your dad played there....

Disapointing if the gophs loose him. I have a feeling this is not going to make the year any easier on don. He's gonna hear about it. Can't even recruit his own son.

I would imagine mario gets some boos if notre dame ever earns the right to play the gophs.

Brooks, maybe u can do that story link thing from the strib.

I dont think it really matters where he goes. He plays college hockey one, maybe two years and then heads for the pros. Be just like recruiting all the other big name studs from the state, the Gophers are just a stepping platform to get them some big time experience and then they head to the pros. Once again leaving the Gophs with lack luster talent on the team and finishing middle of the pack. I would much rather they recruit a core of talent and build off of that............

Here's your link thingy...

Mario Lucia in the Strib July 12

Sounds like he just wants to be a regular player on a decent team, maybe doesn't want all of the attention of playing for his dad. I can't blame him for that.

Interesting tidbit on ND and Super Conf:

"The team [i pick] is not going to change the way they play," he said. "They are going to develop me regardless. I've talked to Notre Dame and they've told me they are probably going to move into that super conference. Wherever I go, I will become a better player."

Quote:
I just can't believe he would go there. I'm not sure what the draw is.

One of the best, funnest schools in the country along with a great hockey program that has been hands down better then the gophers for at least the last 7 years years.

Hope that helps.

I thought Mario was going Canadian Jrs when I read this headline. Its on Mario's tweet on going to Canada's Jrs but this article is a few days older than the one that Solbes posted

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/125198584.html

I second what OnaFly says I think his chances of attending Minnesota has everything to do with his Dad's job security. It says alot about that situation also. If he does end up at Notre Dame he would be playing with Guentzal son(Ryan).

brooks

That is the BCHL (still college eligible) which is the Canadian version of the USHL. Not Canadian Major Jr's where he would not be able to attend a college. You should really know this since the Sioux do a lot of recruiting out of that league. wink What would you Sioux fans do without us gopher fans showing you the ropes. grin

Peir, one of the funnest schools, id have to disagree after going there twice.

Great hockey programn, id have to disagree. They have almost no following, very dismal fan base at games. No body mentions hockey, I think half the school doesn't even know there is a team.

A better program then the gohs the last 7 years. Id have to disagree, in that time frame the gophs won 150 games and nd won 146. The gophs have 1 lossing season, nd has 3. The gophs have the better ecord 4 times, nd 3 times. Nd has lost 106 times while gophs lost 80. I could only give you nd being better 3 out of the last 4. Remember 7 ys ago nd only won 5 games. Ouch.

Sorry to pull stats, but there is no hands down nd better.

I think u guys are right about mario wanting to get away, especially with the don being on thin ice.

Also, some how I still think the gophs is the best place to go if you anna skate in the nhl. Only because I think it still goes gophs then und for active nhlers.

Great that you now measure the Gophers success if they have a winning season. how embarrassing, we "the gophs" along with our fan base have fallen. Notre Dame unequivocally has a better hockey program then Gophers right now and that is plain as day if you take the maroon and gold blinders off and look at things objectively.

Jeff Jackson and the Dame's Program have outperformed the Gophers and Lucia's mess hands down over the last 5 years....PERIOD! the Dame is 128-60 and Lucia has the gophers barely over 500 to the tune of 70-56 in the last 4 and hasn't finished higher than 5th in the conference "7th twice" in 5 years!

Hope that clears things up for Ya! . grin

And to say Notre Dame isn't a fantastic, incredibly fun school is just plain preposterous to say the least. Academics, total sports experience, hot chicks it's no-brainer in comparing the 2 schools.

Personally, I don't think Mario's decision was based at all on his

Dad's contract. Like stated above it's 1 or 2 and gone for him anyway. I just think Mario wanted to get away and have some fun at a great school instead of the old stay at home and go to a relatively boring school like the U of M is known for.

Just my opinion though... grin