• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Verizon or AT&T

MN Shutterbug

I'm seriously tempted to get a 3G tablet and was wondering about other's experiences with these carriers, good or bad. Where I live, it probably won't make a bit of difference, but I'd be using it while on the road. Do either of these carriers strike out in any particluar area?

Thanks for any feedback.

Down here, AT&T is in way back second place. My mother is AT&T and has a very very tough time. I am Verizon and have very few issues. I know I am south of you, but along I 90 Verizon is the only way to go!

If you're planning on going anywhere outside of the cities...I'd go with Verizon. I have Verizon for my personal and it's great, AT&T for my work phone and there isn't a day where i don't want to throw my phone out the window...

I disagree. I live a quite a ways south of the metro, and I own a cabin upnorth, and ATT works at both places much better then Verizon does, and works the entire way inbetween.

Where i live and the lakes i frequent the most in central mn verizon is hands down better. Would not rely on the coverage maps as much as actually talking to people or seeing the signal strength for yourself in the areas you think you might spend time in the most. Don't get me wrong, some maps are going to show where they don't have coverage at all, but a lot of the places they say they have coverage, it might be poor at best for something like a tablet.

Would not rely on the coverage maps as much as actually talking to people or seeing the signal strength for yourself in the areas you think you might spend time in the most. Don't get me wrong, some maps are going to show where they don't have coverage at all, but a lot of the places they say they have coverage, it might be poor at best for something like a tablet.

I agree 100%. The coverage maps show where they are supposed to have service, but in some areas their towers are just too far apart.

Keep the replies coming, as they're appreciated.