• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild/NHL Draft

Bear55

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the NHL "Christmas in July" is here there will be all kind of free agent crazyness going on today. I don't see the Wild doing much today but it should be interesting to see who lands where. A lot of guys are re-signing with their current teams so far. Brad Richards is the biggest fish available.

Signings so far.

Christian Ehrhoff signs with the Sabres (10y/$40M)

Steve Montador signs with Blackhawks, 4 years/ $2.75M per

There has been a pile of signing today but here are the most interesting. Sad to see Bruno go but it looked like he was running out of gas last year, who know though, I could see him lighting it up again with all those skill players the Hawks have.

[COL/WSH] Varlamov traded to Avalanche for 1st and 2nd round picks

[FLA] Ed Jovanovski to Panthers (35+, 4 years, $4.125 per) ‎

[PHI] Jaromir Jagr signs with Flyers (1 year, $3.3M)

Columbus signs Wisniewski (6 yrs, $33 MM)

[CHI] Blackhawks sign Andrew Brunette (1 year, 2 million)

[FLA] Jose Theodore to Florida (2 years, $1.5M per)

I haven't seen the series yet but the wild just wrapped up their development camp, from the sounds of things a lot of our guys were impressive. The next couple of years could get pretty exciting around here.

I haven't seen the series yet but the wild just wrapped up their development camp, from the sounds of things a lot of our guys were impressive. The next couple of years could get pretty exciting around here.

I agree. I haven't been an NHL fan since the Jets left 'Peg and the North Stars moved. I'm more of a UND alumni fan (Blackhawks, Devils, Blues, etc) and also NHL teams with WCHA players. I've never really "liked" the Wild because it was mostly Euros. Now, I'm getting interested in the squad because of the WCHA possibilities/ties they have.

Slick move.

Anyone seen the Becoming Wild series on FSN? I caught one episode on Friday I think it was. It was a great look into the Aeros and Yeo's coaching style.

Cool show. It is available on the Wild's HSOforum as well. Next one is on 7/22 I think.

Well, there wasn't any down side for the Wild in this trade. Sure, we may see a miracle and JS finally develops into what he could have been. But I doubt it. We'll take the 3rd rounder for sure.

I was a little shocked to see a 3rd coming back, way to go CF! There is alwasy a chance Sheppard could turn into something decent, I just don't see him being the top end player we had all hoped for when he was picked 9th overall.

I agree, this was a good trade for both teams. Shep's confidence here was shot. He wasn't going anywhere here. I do hope a change of scenery will help him. I hope even more that we pull out a Franzen-type pick out of the third round in 2013 smile

Also, good to see CF getting something for him. I thought for sure we'd see him walk for nothing.

grin I do kind of feel like this is a dream. Plus we have all these good looking prospects coming up the ranks too.

Our D looks pretty weak on paper but I think they will hold up better than people expect.

I don't want to get my hopes too high this year, we still might not make the playoffs, lots of new players and a new coach but the future looks good for the first time in a while. Even if we suck this year it should at least be interesting to see all the new faces and hopfully some of the young guys making an impact. 2-3 years down the road I want to see some playoff hockey!

grin I do kind of feel like this is a dream. Plus we have all these good looking prospects coming up the ranks too.

Our D looks pretty weak on paper but I think they will hold up better than people expect.

Stoner was great at the end of the year. Shultz I thought had a worse than normal year. Spurgeon is small but plays great and is very effective.