• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best weekends of 2011 (IMO)

matchset

WOW was he right on his prediction. IMO. Worst rutting sign ive seen in I dont remember how long. Just figured i was not on them this year. Now im about hunted out. 3 hard weeks and im ready for break.

I hear ya, I've been racking up the hours in the stand the past two weeks and have seen 3 deer for my efforts. One of the worst strecthes I've ever experienced. I just keep telling myself, maybe today will be the day and drag my arse out of bed. You just never know this time of year. Supposedly the 18th-22nd are prime for daytime activity if you follow lunar activity. I don't and hunt whenever I can regardless, but at least it's something to look forward to.

The past two years it's been the best days/weeks starting right at or shortly after halloween and continued till this last weekend (Nov 11th). Next year I just might take a week off during this time this has to be one of my best hunting seasons in many years.

mr

The variability of response here is interesting. If I'd predicted there wouldn't be a rut because there weren't any dang deer in the areas I've been hunting, I'd be spot on! It's been tough sledding for me. The only area I've got a decent buck on camera has resulted in me getting blanked four times. This is on a buddy's land and he seems to see deer every time he goes there...

I saw some deer earlier in the year, but the last many sits have resulted in me seeing less than a handful of deer. Tough sledding...

I hunted every evening during the 9 day firearm season, but one (son had a basketball game). I hunted that day until about 1pm though. I saw one buck during the whole firearm season. I don't really know what he was, a small 8 pointer I think, but am not sure. I didn't see many other deer either. Saw a lot of scrapes & some rubs began to show up throughout the season. The sign is there, there are plenty of deer, just didn't see them. Other than around the standing cornfields, which are few & far between, they seem to have gone mostly nocturnal in our area.

Bow season was pretty slow for me this year as well, only could seem to see deer if I could hunt in the morning.

November 13th smile I scored on a beauitiful, mature, dark racked 9pt!! Maybe im on to something :)i will post the story and pics tomorrow smile

Can't wait for the story after you brought the cape and antlers over to the man cave tonight. I've been waiting for the story and I was getting ready to spill the beans on you since the delay wink. Congrats on the great buck and you wouldn't believe the mass till you hold it.