• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

COD MW3 Discussion

CJH

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday I was having one of those rare nights where I couldn't lose a game. All of the sudden in the middle of a match my PS3 shuts down completely. I try to turn it on and it starts out green, then blinks yellow, then continous red blinking. After researching the cause, it looks like i'm a victim of the YLOD. I researched youtube vidoes and did the repair. I hope it lasts long enough for me to get an external HD and back up my data. Looks like I'm black friday PS3 shopping. I did see an add for the 120G slim with 2 games for $200 at wallyworld and gamestop. I would convert to an xbox if i didn't have so much invested in other games. I called sony customer service and it costs $150 plus tax and shipping for them to fix/repair an out of warranty PS3. I was told you rarely get your same unit back, just a refurb. I might as well go new.

Does anyone know if you can put an old HD from an 80G PS3 and put it in a new one without losing your data?

Yesterday I was having one of those rare nights where I couldn't lose a game. All of the sudden in the middle of a match my PS3 shuts down completely. I try to turn it on and it starts out green, then blinks yellow, then continous red blinking. After researching the cause, it looks like i'm a victim of the YLOD. I researched youtube vidoes and did the repair. I hope it lasts long enough for me to get an external HD and back up my data. Looks like I'm black friday PS3 shopping. I did see an add for the 120G slim with 2 games for $200 at wallyworld and gamestop. I would convert to an xbox if i didn't have so much invested in other games. I called sony customer service and it costs $150 plus tax and shipping for them to fix/repair an out of warranty PS3. I was told you rarely get your same unit back, just a refurb. I might as well go new.

Does anyone know if you can put an old HD from an 80G PS3 and put it in a new one without losing your data?

whats up man this is MNsniper..if you swap out the hard drive you will have to reformat it losing all the data so that sucks and wont help you. you should be able to to fit all your game saves on a flash drive all your cod online data (stats rank ect) will be there once you sign in on your name on your new console. you will also be able to download all your content you have bought off the psn as well so you wont have to backup games and map packs you have bought. dont go xbox lol i got both only use my xbox for offline games for reasons i can explain to you on the headset some time.... i have done the red ring fix on my various xboxs and ylod fix on one of my ps3's and a buddies as well it can last 1 day 1 month or 1 year on either console you just never know.. good luck see ya on mw3 btw BF3 is better!!!

PS3 is playing better too. I'm having matches where I'm really tuned in and my k/d ratio is awesome. Then there's the few maps that I can't seem to buy a kill on. Overall I think I'm right around 1.3.

I really like the Scar and have everything unlocked and almost everything completed as far as the different weapon's challenges but think I should move on to something else. I've tried the M-16 and don't like it as much as on MW2 or Blk ops. Anyone suggest anything else?

I have my 120gb slim that is boxed up ready for you to take. Id even help you transfer your stuff over smile think about it.

What big maps. They are all pretty small and about the same layout. A couple of the maps are they same ring with 2 intersecting paths in the middle.

Pretty much. Need more sniper friendly maps or at least ones that award a player for actually aiming rather than mindlessly running around with akimbo machine guns and marathon/sprint/whateveritscallednow.

Playing better now after updates. Just some sporadic lag issues. Probably playing at a 1.0 clip but not happy with the campy play style that I had to adopt to get there. Hardcore games must really be a quiet affair if the core maps are this camper oriented.

It all depends on the game type. I'm a hardcore player 99% of the time, but only run and gun. I can't stand sniping, or just sitting still. I've learned that to have a decent k/d in this game, I have to take more time moving around the map though. On MW2 I was able to just run around blasting my way around the maps. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people on both core and HC that find the nearest corner and sit.

[

Pretty much. Need more sniper friendly maps or at least ones that award a player for actually aiming rather than mindlessly running around with akimbo machine guns and marathon/sprint/whateveritscallednow.

Running akimbo is harder then it is beneficial. You can't aim unless you are close range. Long range there is no way you'll get someone. The only reason they kill you faster is because there is two guns shooting. Double the bullets.

I do it often, and its definitely a skill to learn, not everyone can do it. Just like some people can shoot 3 shot burst guns and be good at it. I cannot.

For me the game has been almost unplayable. Suddenly I am losing every one on one battle and often times it's not even close. I have never experienced lag on such a consistent basis before.

Fortunately the Spec Ops modes are a lot of fun and have been keeping my interest.

For me the game has been almost unplayable. Suddenly I am losing every one on one battle and often times it's not even close. I have never experienced lag on such a consistent basis before.

Fortunately the Spec Ops modes are a lot of fun and have been keeping my interest.

Get a few buddies together and check out the private match alternate modes. They are pretty fun too! You can customize them as well.

Get a few buddies together and check out the private match alternate modes. They are pretty fun too! You can customize them as well.

I'll have to try that.

I haven't been one to whine about lag before and admittedly have rolled my eyes at everybody complaining about it but I'm finally starting to experience it myself and it ruins the game. While others have said it's getting better for them after the update, mine seems to be getting worse. I'll give it another go tonight. The last two nights have been terrible!

Been worse again the past couple nights. Not as bad as it was before the updates but noticable. For the guys that haven't had the joy of this games lag, this isn't sporadic lag. You get to deal with it the entire session. I just don't understand why only a few of us are experiencing it.

I havent jumped aboard the wagon yet either. I was actually pretty sick od Black Ops, and I dont think a few different maps and guns would bring me interested again, so I havent bought it, and until they figure out how to fix the issues, I wont.