• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bryce from Kqrs?

buddha

I noticed it right away last week too, did a search and came up with nothing. Historically, when people "leave" the show, there is barely a mention of it on the show (Tony Lee for example). I wouldn't think it's rehab. His past certainly wasn't a secret on the air.

It's always kinda bugged me. Unless it's a question of supreme secrecy, I'd think they would owe the loyal listeners a brief explanation of why so-and-so will no longer be on the air. The guy's been there for 20 years, we're gonna notice.

Sometimes it seems like a bit of a secret society over there, with Tommy B. leading the charge.

If you check his Facebook there are a bunch of fans posting asking where he is also. One of the fans posted this and it does sound like him.....

Quote:
I have a colleague who practices in Florida. We went to school together in Bloomington back in the mid nineties. He e-mailed me and said he swears he saw a tall skinny guy with a brace on his foot fueling up a large boat. The guy had a Doberman with him and seemed to be really happy. My friend swears on his life it was him. If it was, I think we can say that’s a happy person. Wherever he goes, if that's him, he's in the sun with a smile so he must be doing alright.

Obviously take it for what it's worth, but it would be great if we heard he was doing well.

I noticed a couple weeks ago no Bryce laughing in the background. I did a search but came up with the same stuff about being a former producer. I emailed KQ to see whats up. They emailed back that he is on an extended leave and is still part of the KQ family. He is pretty close to his Mom, maybe she is ill and he is taking care of her. The show is not the same without him. Wish him the best.

Last fall he was susupended for.... well let's just say the way he acted on a public outing (since this is a family site) I wonder if it has something to do with that. On his current absence the official position is "extended leave". I'll see if I can get the info on what's up and post back.

As for the supreme secrecy stuff, Tommy was broadcasting from his basement for years and pretending he was in studio, suprising he got away with it for so long. If you knew about it you could pick up on things that were said on air giving it away. One time Bob explained to Tom what happened in studio, one time a guest said "hey where did that voice come from" stuff like that. But that has been outed now, what other secrets are you guys talking about?

I work from home, and my customers dont know that, at least most of them dont. Am I deceiving them by not telling them I work from home? Why would I be? If he can work from home, and his bosses let him, who cares! He saved gas by not driving to work. Good for him!

I have a friend who does radio, and he did most of it from his basement, did anyone need to know? Nope!

Seriously! Why should it matter if he is working from the station, his home, or a spaceship. He doesn't need to say where he is to anyone. It's not like he's sneaking around behind his boss's or his coworkers back doing this, its obvious they know. If I could work from home I gladly would, but somehow I don't think I could talk my boss into installing 2 million dollars worth of machines into my garage...

This thread sounds like a day time soap opera and everyone is missing an episode? If hes no longer with the station for personal reason, or because he got fired or layed off just wish him the best and leave it at that. Whats the point in digging around? Let him live his life.

If this was a thread about one of you guys and your job how would you feel? Or how would you feel about people trying to dig into your personal life???

Not trying to be rude but if hes off the station or on leave because of personal reason or other reasons just wish him the best and leave it at that?

Oh and Tom doesn't "run" the station.

pure, thats the reason for these forums so we can discuss certain issues, and in this case, the entertainment topic of it;

we are just noticing that he has been gone and hoping he'll be back, even the little role he played has made the show different (hearing his laugh and his stories are just great!)

+1

I think the reason for this discussion is very simple:

1) He's a guy that's been a part (in one way or another) of the show for 25 years.

2) One day he's just not there, with no explanation to the listeners as to why.

3) This radio show has a reputation/history of doing this with personalities that suddenly disappear from the airwaves.

Whether he got fired, is on leave, has personal stuff going on...fine with me. I certainly wish him the best. It's just a natural curiosity of wanting to know why he;'s not around, nothing more, nothing less. I don't think anyone is prying into his personal life...Like Wikipedia or Facebook are so private. He's certainly been very open about his personal life on the air.

I know they're under no obligation to do so, but maybe if there was some type of explanation (however brief) from the morning show, there would be no need for the speculation.

Either way, life goes on for everyone.