• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Socom 4 - The New COD!!

Central Bassman

This game is the one of the main reasons I'd like to have a PS3.

Is that massive online shooter still going to be released? I heard it was going to be like 200 person rooms and stuff?

Yup Mag is out. I played the beta and wasn't impressed. Most things were cheesy but you have to sacrifice a little something something to have 256 players in one match.

From the PSN blog:

While we are investigating the cause of the Network outage, we wanted to alert you that it may be a full day or two before we’re able to get the service completely back up and running. Thank you very much for your patience while we work to resolve this matter. Please stay tuned to this space for more details, and we’ll update you again as soon as we can.

I was hoping to get online tonight but it's not looking good for the playstation network.

I bought Mortal Kombat instead of socom. When I played the beta it was the similar to other socom games. The experienced players with a clan totaly own and spawnkill.

It really is a pain in the rear. A buddy of mine bought the gun and Killzone 3, he returned the gun after a day. It is darn near impossible to move and aim effectively, I dont see how anyone could compete against another player using a controller. We died, a lot...

They just need to come out with a version of Big Buck Hunter and I would buy one!!! Not a good idea for a game you have to control movement and aim/shoot.

Not sure about Socom, kind of waiting for BF3.

They just need to come out with a version of Big Buck Hunter and I would buy one!!! Not a good idea for a game you have to control movement and aim/shoot.

They do have a hunting pack that includes the gun and I believe a safari style hunting game. Saw it at best buy yesterday!

The gun (sharpshooter) works great imo. It does take a while to get the hang of it. You have to recalibrate often at first. Also for anyone who thinks it's difficult to aim with any accuracy, I'd recommend turning the sensitivity down to 0. That will help a ton. Most take it out of the box and expect it to be good to go, not the case. Have some patience, Set sensitivity to 0 and you'll do fine. I do so well with it set at 0, feels like I'm using a cheat.

Socom 4 is far more engaging then COD blk ops imo. MAG (not beta version) is also a great game. Zipper makes great games, unlike treyarch. Just sayin'