• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fovorite crankbait colors

skyhawk

Black/Gold Salmo Hornet. Black and Golds is a good all around pattern for me.

White or Pearl.

Luminescent Pink is another I have high confidence in.

Silver Blue metallic with a White or Orange belly.

Black back with a white belly.

Blue and White.

All Black or Dark Purple.

Lindy Shadlings have some awesome natural colors. I am very partial to the Redtail Chub pattern. Purple smelt will also be a staple in my walleye and sauger arsenal this year. Last year was the forst year I have ran the Shadlings and I was astounded by how many fish I boated with them.

mw

White with blue/red if there are ciscos/whitefish in the lake or gold and silver shades if not. Maybe some perch colors thown in if the colors above don't work. If the water is real dirty then it's firetiger or one of the variants out there.

I will add I also really like the action on the salmo hornets. Size 5 for late fall trolling and size 7 for the rest of the season. Perch and green tiger patterns are the only ones I have personally tried out but I'm sure there are a bunch more.

Didn't know they made a 7. That something new? or the 6?

you are right. I was thinking of the Lindy Shadlings (another great crank). The hornets come in sizes 3, 4, 5, and 6. I believe I have the 4s and 6s, not the 5 and 7s like I first mentioned.

Anyone ever use storm thinfins? I picked a few up. They look identical to the shad in the river. My grandfather used to use them. I've never given them any time but I plan to.

The original "Thin Fin's" are a great walleye bait, a favorite of mine. Dave fired up his new company (Dave’s Ka-boom! Baits). He was able to start producing the original Hot-N-Tot, Thin Fin, and T-Sticks under the new name – Winning Streak and the old Thunder Stick under the name KA-BOOM! These lure run, look, and catch fish like the originals.

Very good in spring when fish are on transitional flats. A Top producing lure on the border lakes like Big Stone and Traverse.

A great lure to run off micro boards off to the side and up shallow, or on leadcore. wink

I spent some time painting up some spinners for the North Shore Cohos and Kamloops, taking my best guess as to what colors/patterns, I would appreciate your thoughts!

Not pictured are 10 silver, gold and como spinners. Figured the Pink/Blue/White combos would looks something like the smelt.. Black/Yellow- I have always hammered fish on those colors. I expected that in the river, they may not work as well as offshore - if I get a chance to get into a boat in Lake Superior...

full-33703-7893-screenshot2011_04_18at9.